OCHP & RET's California Speedway Drag Day Event

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
UPDATE #3: The new Drag Day Event date is March 6th, 2009 from 11:00pm-5:00pm!

UPDATE #2: I've been contacted by the Auto Club Dragway Manager and we're rescheduling this event due to rain. Her and I are going to meet at some point next week and discuss alternate dates in which we may have this event. Please be patient, and as always, contact me if you have any questions or regards to this situation.

I'll keep everyone posted as far as what goes on to the best of my ability. Thanks.

UPDATE #1: This concerns the those of you in which registered for this event. The date has been changed to Saturday, December 13th due to the following reason.

My contact at California Speedway informed me that their "go to guy" for track prep (the same individual in which does the PSCA events) was unavailable from November 28th-December 7th because he has prior arrangements to be in Vegas prepping the track for the Winter Nationals. This would mean that we would have a second rate track staff prepping the track for us during his absence and this is unacceptable. The earliest that the "go to guy" could bless us with his skills would be the weekend he comes home which is that of the 13th of December. I was asked by a large majority of individuals to make the change of date to accommodate everyone with traction being as how there are going to be 5-6 8.xx second cars and a handful of 9.xx and 10.xx second cars as well.

I apologize to those of you in which this is an inconvenience for. If you're now unable to attend due to the date change, please contact me and I will refund your money to you (my contact information can be found directly below in the same post). You may not give away or sell your registration however. We will continue to allow those into the event in which were in line next to attend. Please contact me immediately if you fall into this category. I once again apologize and I thank you for understanding.

SOLD OUT!!! I definitely didn't think that it would sell out in 3 damn days!!!

In light of Orange County Horsepower's 1st Year Anniversary and Racer's Edge Tuning's new and improved shop, the two have combined forces to put on one hell of a 1/4 mile drag day event!!!

OCHP & RET's California Speedway Drag Day Event
March 6th, 2009 @ 11:00am-5:00pm​

This is open to all domestic cars!!! If it's got muscle, it's more then welcome!!!

There are 50 spots available and the cost will be $105.00 each car to cover the costs of the track rental (Please include the 3% paypal fee of $3.15 for a total of $108.15. Thanks!). You'll be able to get as many passes down the track that your little heart desires for the entire day and we're going to have the most perfect weather right in the heart of winter!

Here's what we would like to do...

If you have run your car before or have enough experience to know what your car should run, please post it up. If you've never been to the strip before and have no idea on what your car will run, post up your modifications and we'll guesstimate it for you. I'd like to make it interesting by setting up races with individuals that are fairly close in ET's! Like a King of the Hill type event, but with Ford's, Chevy's, Dodge's, Pontiac's, and any other type of domestic car that would like to attend!

If you're planning on attending, please post up the following information AND/OR PM it to me just in case I miss it in this thread.

Screen Name/Real Name:
Vehicle Year/Model:
Previous 1/8 AND/OR 1/4 mile ET's/Trap Speeds:
Street Tires/Drag Radials/DOT Slicks/Slicks:
RWHP/RWTQ:
Phone #:

SIr RicCuS/Ricky Raus
2004 SVT Cobra
1/8 Mile 6.968 @ 101.70 MPH
DOT Slicks
610 RWHP/565 RWTQ
(714) 264-0050

We're going to have a BBQ going throughout the day with a bunch of burgers and hot dogs (all beef) as well as ice chests full of plenty of ice so that people won't have to leave the event to get ice for their cars (that's to say until we run out of ice).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them up, PM me, or call me (that's my cell # above), and I'll do my best with answering all of your questions quickly and accurately.

Once you've already contacted me with the interest of attending and have already registered by posting up your information (listed above), you can paypal [email protected] $105.00 (Please include the 3% paypal fee of $3.15 for a total of $108.15. Thanks!) so that you have your spot reserved. There are only 50 spots and they're going to go quickly!!! This is posted up on multiple domestic car forums (orangecountyhorsepower.com, svtperformance.com, mach1registry.com, socalterminators,com, modularfords.com, svtenthusiast.com, ls1tech.com, ls1.com, ls2.com, lsxforums.com, ls1gto.com, turbobuick.com, corvetteforum.com, zo6vette.com, srtforums.com, viperclub.com, viperforums.net, viperlair.com) so it's going to be on a first come, first serve basis.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Preregistered List

*Ricky Raus [PPP]
2004 SVT Cobra

*David Samulde [PPP]
1999 SVT Cobra

*Ken Morgan [C2E]
2003 Mach 1

*Nick Santti [PPP]
2003 SVT Cobra

*Angel Ortiz [PC]
2004 SVT Cobra

*Henry Hines [PPP]
2004 SVT Cobra

*Greg Monroe [PCG]
2001 Bullit

*Rusty Woodall [PPP]
2003 GT

*John Marquardt [PPP]
2000 SVT Lightning

*David Beasley [PPP]
2002 SVT Lightning

Israel [GC2E]
2003 SVT Cobra

Israel [GC2E]
2002 SVT Lightning

*Eddie Rios [PPP]
Turbo Mustang

*Brock Tovar [C2E]
1998 SVT Cobra

*Jose Guadarrama [PC]
2004 SVT Cobra

*Tiana Findorff [PCG]
1969 Camaro

*Brandon Weber [PCG]

1988 GT

*Robert Romo [PPP]
2001 SVT Cobra

*Gary Meyer [PPP]
2005 GTO

Junior [GC2E]
2004 SVT Cobra

*Tony [PCG]

*Danny [PCG]

*Fernando [PCG]
2002 Lightning

*Saul [PCG]
1988 GT

Jaime [GC2E]
2005 GT

*Joe DeLosSantos [PPP]
2007 Mustang

*Steve Medina [PPP]
2003 SVT Cobra

Brian [GC2E]
2004 SVT Cobra

Chevy Killer [GC2E]
2005 GT

*Peter [PPP]
2006 GT

Carlos Malfavon [GC2E]
TT 300zx

*Willis [PCG]
2003 SVT Cobra

*Brian [PCG]
2004 SVT Cobra

*Jerome [PC]
2004 Mach 1

*Tim Plante [C2E]
Custom Super Gas Car

Ken [GC2E]
8 Second Race Car

Ken [GC2E]
8 Second Race Car

*Paul Moore [PPP]
2008 SRT-8 Jeep

*Carlos Bonilla [PPP]
2007 SRT-8 300

*Steve Gray [PPP]
2008 Lexus IS-F

*Stephen Aguilar [PPP]
2008 SRT-8 Jeep

*Ryan Cunningham [PPP]
2008 ZO6

*Clyde Haight [PPP]
2001 Trans Am

*Randy Hanshaw [C2E]
1984 Camara

*Allen Stewart [C2E]
1968 Camaro

*JD Watkins [C2E]
2007 Shelby GT500

Crash [GC2E]
2008 SRT-8 Jeep

*Paul Bucci [C2E]
1998 Z28 Camaro

*Patrick [C2E]
2006 ZO6

*David McDonough [C2E]
2006 SRT-8 Jeep

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
Im for sure!! Never tracked it with the whipple, so im stoked!! Ricky you got a pm!!

04cobra13/Angel Ortiz
2004 Cobra
1/4 12.20@116
Nitto DRs
560/523

Greg@RET

Established Member
Should be a good time. Ricky make sure they have the place prepped very well. I dont want to go skating again.....

BTW just put your name and send the money via Paypal.... no need for all the other info Ricky wants :shrug:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
sounds really cool, i dont think ill have any rubber left on my dr's by then though, ill let you know!

Make sure to let me know! This is going to fill up quickly!!!

Cobra1981/Nick Santti
2003 Cobra
1/4 12.22@116mph
MT/DR's
424/442

+++-+++-++++

Nick, please PM me your number so that I can contact you. Thanks!

Im for sure!! Never tracked it with the whipple, so im stoked!! Ricky you got a pm!!

04cobra13/Angel Ortiz
2004 Cobra
1/4 12.20@116
Nitto DRs
560/523

Glad to hear it, brotha! It was good seeing you today! Your newly Whippled Terminator is sick! Can't wait to line up next to it!

:banana:
See you guys there, I will send money tonight.

Eduardo, please PM me your number. And what's your last name, bro?

I would love to try the 1/4 but my fox is down right now. =(

It's over a month away so maybe it will be back up and running by then! Stay positive!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I edited the post with the 3% paypal fee. I apologizing for missing that to begin with, but it needs to be taken care of along with the fee.

The total is $108.15. Thanks guys!

Adam Montague

re rental

10 cars

Adam Montague 05 Mustang GT
Brandi Montague 06 mustang GT
Ken Fergason 06 Mustang GT
Darren Habernel 05 roush Mustang GT
Dean Falce 05 Mustang GT
Ron Miller 96 Implala FAST AZZ GRANDPA CAR
Eric Bolender 66 Cuda
Tom Gibby 82 chevy