O/r prochamber Headach?

- Aj -

Established Member
Hypr2003SVT said:
Another thing, AJ you said that since I have less back pressure I have less low end torq. Now if I change my flow masters out isn't that going to release MORE back pressure, hence loosing more low end?

Yeah it will lose a bit of backpressure as well, but it will gain hp. That's why you upgrade the pullies to make up for it. :D I would ditch the flows also since they are not really great in terms of power production on these cars.

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
Im starting to think about buying a set of borla stingers and see if I like the combo with the prochamber/borla's. I like the borla stingers with the stock H, so if the chambers are way to loud with the borla's then I will either buy cats or sell the pro chambers and just go with the borla's.

- Aj -

Established Member
That will be REALLY loud. I had Stingers with a catted Bassani X and that was loud. I couldn't imagine that setup w/o cats. :eek:

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
If i go with the stock H with the Borla's will I have the same loss of back preasure? Or will i really fill a boost in power?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I highly doubt you lost any torque, or HP. It's just the loss in back pressure that gives that illusion. If you dynoed your car before the installation, then after, I guarentee you would see an increase in HP and TQ. And IMO, you have one of the best sounding exhaust combos. Don't trade it or buy a new one. The Prochamber and Flows sound GOOD!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
No cats = loss of backpressure = feels like you lost torque.

This is why I have cats. :)

+ it is easier to pass inspection.

-Jeff

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Exhaust sounds great. Sucks about the tq loss. You'd think the stock catback with flows would help increase back pressure because of the 2 1/4" tubing. That's what I was hoping for......now I'm nervous because I'm getting ready to install a MAC H pipe with the same weld-in flows catback.

Anyone have any definitive evidence if this combo causes considerable low end power losses?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is the not having cats that is causing the loss of backpressure, it has very little to do with the mufflers.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
SteelersVenom06 said:
Exhaust sounds great. Sucks about the tq loss. You'd think the stock catback with flows would help increase back pressure because of the 2 1/4" tubing. That's what I was hoping for......now I'm nervous because I'm getting ready to install a MAC H pipe with the same weld-in flows catback.

Anyone have any definitive evidence if this combo causes considerable low end power losses?

It doesn't make you lose anything. It only gives that illusion because the loss of back pressure. The exhaust gases aren't flowing at the speed of rate they were with the smaller piping. So until you get up to speed and get the gases flowing faster, your car will feel a bit sluggish down low. But as soon as you go WOT you should feel it pull WAY harder than what It did. So rest assured, you're not going to lose anything down low. The gains from my exhaust were very noticeable!

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
It doesn't make you lose anything. It only gives that illusion because the loss of back pressure. The exhaust gases aren't flowing at the speed of rate they were with the smaller piping. So until you get up to speed and get the gases flowing faster, your car will feel a bit sluggish down low. But as soon as you go WOT you should feel it pull WAY harder than what It did. So rest assured, you're not going to lose anything down low. The gains from my exhaust were very noticeable!

Thanks. That will make me sleep better tonight!

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
Thanks Steelers, The exhaust is great the only thing I am having trouble with his keeping the bolts tight. I have been getting exhaust leaks ever since I installed it. Im going to tighten it down again.

If I was to get a tune would it compensate for the loss of back preasure and give me my low end again?

ANYONE with a Prochamber Catted version want to trade me for my O/R prochamber.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
That rattling noise I've heard with alot of cars with an o/r pipe. Suprised though because I've never heard it with a prochamber on

Users who are viewing this thread