NYC like never before (Irene)

silverstang23

Established Member
Here is another video of Irene in NYC. A little different then the military trucks driving under 6' of water

[ame="http://vimeo.com/28288293"]Irene NYC on Vimeo[/ame]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't show the video to any New Yorkers who have flooded/damaged homes. Can't downplay their tragedy. Nor any other state hit by Irene.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I thought the same thing until I drove out...Not really much trees where I'm at, just shopping. I drove into the inner part of Richmond to come across toppled power lines, smashed houses and cars with trees laying into them. Some people DID get hit pretty hard...

bright blue

Established Member
I was waiting for the bike to fall over. :lol1:

Some people really got it. Flooding is not good, we had a big flood here last year.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Lots of flooding in Upstate NY as well....Still many roads closed around here, and many without power!

imagejpeg952.jpg

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah, some people got hit, but it wasn't the HOLY SHIT THE WORLD IS ENDING HURRICANE that the media made it out to be.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Yeah, some people got hit, but it wasn't the HOLY SHIT THE WORLD IS ENDING HURRICANE that the media made it out to be.

Virginia is BIG on this, when ever it comes to snow or anything people are freaking out.

I always know better... I laughed when I was hearing places selling out of gas and stores with empty shelves. I didn't have anything in my fridge aside from frozen shit. My plan was... to go out the next day and get some at the grocery store, LOL.

Poor attempts at stimulating the economy.

moot09

Established Member
I thought the same thing until I drove out...Not really much trees where I'm at, just shopping. I drove into the inner part of Richmond to come across toppled power lines, smashed houses and cars with trees laying into them. Some people DID get hit pretty hard...

Such a weird feeling seeing that kind of stuff.

I had to drive through Joplin, MO a few months back for work and passed right through where the tornado hit. It went from perfect yards, trees and houses to disaster in about 5 miles.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Virginia is BIG on this, when ever it comes to snow or anything people are freaking out.

I always know better... I laughed when I was hearing places selling out of gas and stores with empty shelves. I didn't have anything in my fridge aside from frozen shit. My plan was... to go out the next day and get some at the grocery store, LOL.

Poor attempts at stimulating the economy.

Wanna know what the worst part of that is? Had the eye settled and traveled
just 100-150 miles west of it's original path we would have really seen some action !!!

The ENE side of a Hurricane is where the party's at...

BTW... Are they ever going to finish the construction on 360 in Richmond?

brainpa

Established Member
Irene has been graded as one of the TOP TEN natural disasters in.....

Wait for it...

U.S. HISTORY

Over 20 BILLION $ so far.

May want to re-think the satire posted here.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Lots of flooding in Upstate NY as well....Still many roads closed around here, and many without power!

imagejpeg952.jpg

Damn man. Jumpin Jack's is legendary. I had two neighbors have more than half of their homes literally go down the river. The damage around the Capital District is definitely in the tens of millions.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Shit was weak compared to what florida get's a few times a year... Water damage is mainly it, cat 1 storm... that hit a multi million populated city is what's so bad due to the flooding. The East side of the eye is the wicked part or wind and rain, I was in NC for a golf event and we just got wind and a light rain, the media made it sound like end of days.

Users who are viewing this thread