NX with BBR tune vs N.O. with AED tune?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Wow, I look like an asshole in this thread.

I'd like to publicly apologize to Nitrous Express (and other N2O kit manufactures) for any bashing of their product I have done in this thread. That was not the intent and I apologize for that.

In an effort to put this to rest I'm offering FREE DYNO TIME WITH DATA LOGS to ALL Nitrous Coyotes in-house at AED. With the caveat that Data logs and pertainant information will be posted publicly on this board.

I don't care what Nitrous kit and tune you have, be it NO, NX, NOS, home made, etc. Bring it in, we will strap it down and get some numbers and logs all at NO CHARGE.

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif

Last edited:

CharlieR

Established Member
I only have a couple questions and/or clarifications.

1) Phase change--does the phase change in the nitrous when it goes from a liquid to a gas make it 'speed up' or 'slow down'?

2) Can you explain how Central Texas Performance picked up 140whp on a supposed .052 nitrous pill? Every other person I've spoken with and my own personal experience picks up right at ~100whp on the same size nitrous jetting and the same motor on both the NO and NX kit?

I'm not saying it would be deliberate, but perhaps the wrong jets were installed? Your kit would have come with jetting for the 150 shot which would be right in line with those reported gains. It doesn't seem fair to other NO customers who purchase a kit on the belief that they would experience similar results out of a "100 shot" only to find out that they do in fact need to pill it up to see those same gains.
I can't help on #1 but on #2, The nitrous isn't gonna run exactly 100 hp the full rpm range. Timing and a/f has an effect on power and with that one running "no tune" it would be leaner and have more timing and a stock curve(or as close as the knock sensors will allow ) :)

CGSB

Established Member
LindseyMeek2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Those are great numbers cgsb you have 9hp and 40ftlbs more than mine and mine has more mods . Off road x , boss intake . And cold air . I do know my tuner pulled 4degrees timing but that can't be the reason
Thanks! More to come too, it will actually get tuned and we might go to a 150 shot if I can talk my wife into more nitrous.

Last edited:

125oh

Established Member
I can't help on #1 but on #2, The nitrous isn't gonna run exactly 100 hp the full rpm range. Timing and a/f has an effect on power and with that one running "no tune" it would be leaner and have more timing and a stock curve(or as close as the knock sensors will allow ) :)

This makes me feel better about not making as much power . And makes since cuz I know my tuner pulled 4 degrees and my air /fuel is 11.8

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Established Member
This makes me feel better about not making as much power . And makes since cuz I know my tuner pulled 4 degrees and my air /fuel is 11.8

4* means little, 4* from what? 23*? 26*? 30*? A stock tune runs about 24* based on basic conditions. So he had 2* pulled from 24*. So the car was seeing around 21 to 22* peak on nitrous. Your car is already dyno tuned and its common for most tuners to run around 26* of timing in these cars with bolt ons so in theory your timing with 4* pulled is very simular to his but your car made about 35 percent less power then his... things that make you go hmmmm.

Any decent nitrous tuner knows that a/f changes power very little on these cars so its NOT the fueling for a 35 percent power loss. I don't know how to explain this any easier, something is "up" with these so called "100" shot numbers, its just that simple.

So a recap, If I told you I poured out 20 oz of soda from a 12 oz can you would say I was full of shit, right? :)

corysmach1

Established Member
PHP:
i
With any luck, you'll have another NX car in the 10s this weekend.. I just went 11.5 on street tires(1.9 60') and ordered the drag pack this morning. As long as mother nature cooperates, I'm hoping to have a 10 sec slip in my hands this coming Saturday night.

What mph? How big of a shot?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
4* means little, 4* from what? 23*? 26*? 30*? A stock tune runs about 24* based on basic conditions. So he had 2* pulled from 24*. So the car was seeing around 21 to 22* peak on nitrous. Your car is already dyno tuned and its common for most tuners to run around 26* of timing in these cars with bolt ons so in theory your timing with 4* pulled is very simular to his but your car made about 35 percent less power then his... things that make you go hmmmm.

Any decent nitrous tuner knows that a/f changes power very little on these cars so its NOT the fueling for a 35 percent power loss. I don't know how to explain this any easier, something is "up" with these so called "100" shot numbers, its just that simple.

So a recap, If I told you I poured out 20 oz of soda from a 12 oz can you would say I was full of shit, right? :)

Lol love the analogy..

What CBR is getting at is this...the power you gain from using nitrous oxide in your internal combustion motor comes from only one thing--the measured amount of nitrous that the motor ingests. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is no magic involved, there is no secret formula for uber power--the only thing that matters is how much liquid nitrous flows from the bottle through the nitrous jet, and into the motor. If you want more power or IF you're making more power than someone else on the exact same setup, you're flowing more liquid into your motor plain and simple. How do you flow more nitrous? You use a bigger jet!

With that in mind, how could it be physically possible for 2 people with the exact same kit and the exact same "100 shot" jetting to have a difference of ~40whp peak and ~50whp in the mid range?

A "100 shot" per NO's website and their own admission is .052 pill (that's a 52 thousandths opening). Guess what the NX jetting is for a "100 shot"... yep, you guessed it.. a .052 pill..

Guess how much power I pick up on a .052 pill.. guess how much cbrtrx picks up on a .052 pill.. guess how much power 125oh picks up on a .052 pill. Guess how much ANYBODY will pick up on a .052 pill.. 100whp!.. Sure, it might be + or - a few hp but it'll be right at 100 hp to the tires every time as long as the .052 jet is used. It's physically impossible to flow more liquid through the same size opening. Period. End of story. "NO"body can defy the laws of physics.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
^ Well put!

We have some new systems that will be out soon with results on and off the track. A solid 100rwhp gain and 150trw gain on a 100shot. More info to follow soon.

I want to thank everyone for the phone calls, orders, and new nitrous set-ups! Your going to love it!!

Because how much happened yesterday, we are extending our free shipping and t-shirt through today. (tuning and datalogging will be charged. Remember though, tunes come with our stage systems)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
False...bottle pressure will affect the amount of nitrous that flows through a jet

Ok let me clarify.. I ASSumed ceteris paribus or "all things being equal", a .052 jet on a NO kit for customer "A" is not going to flow more than customer "B" and it certainly isn't going to flow an extra ~50whp more.

ASSUMING the same bottle pressure etc

cbrtrx

Established Member
False...bottle pressure will affect the amount of nitrous that flows through a jet

Are you speaking from experience? Are you one of the guys that run pressure at 1200 cause you think its better that way? I love watching those guys at the track jacking their pressure up and running slower, it makes me laugh cause they don't inderstand how nitrous flows. Bottle pressure should be at 1000 psi and both manufacturers will tell you that.

Years ago I've tested pressure from 900 1000 1100, HP increase was within 5 hp on a 100 shot. The difference people feel is the tq created from the hit with the higher pressure so they think its making more power but the hp gains are still the same.

Now I'm sure nitrous outlet had their pressure set correctly. I do not know what the other member had his at but his set up did make 102hp from his 100 shot so I image his pressure was close in line where it should have been.

Are you implying that if the pressure was raised more the one member would get his 35 percent hp gain from the same size jet?

125oh

Established Member
Bottle pressure was 950 . It will be interesting to see if the 125hp jet will make exactly 125 more hp

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Bottle pressure was 950 . It will be interesting to see if the 125hp jet will make exactly 125 more hp

I would stake my reputation on the fact that you changing to the .057 from your .052 and upping the fuel jet 1 or 2 sizes will net +/- 5hp of a 125whp gain.

Please do so and keep us posted :beer:

4VFTW

Established Member
Are you speaking from experience? Are you one of the guys that run pressure at 1200 cause you think its better that way? I love watching those guys at the track jacking their pressure up and running slower, it makes me laugh cause they don't inderstand how nitrous flows. Bottle pressure should be at 1000 psi and both manufacturers will tell you that.

Years ago I've tested pressure from 900 1000 1100, HP increase was within 5 hp on a 100 shot. The difference people feel is the tq created from the hit with the higher pressure so they think its making more power but the hp gains are still the same.

Now I'm sure nitrous outlet had their pressure set correctly. I do not know what the other member had his at but his set up did make 102hp from his 100 shot so I image his pressure was close in line where it should have been.

Are you implying that if the pressure was raised more the one member would get his 35 percent hp gain from the same size jet?
no Dude I was just pointing out that everything about the sentence you typed was wrong.

cbrtrx

Established Member
no Dude I was just pointing out that everything about the sentence you typed was wrong.

"Dude" I was NOT the one you originally quoted, nothing I wrote was wrong. Everything I wrote is correct from real world experience.

CharlieR

Established Member
Ok let me clarify.. I ASSumed ceteris paribus or "all things being equal", a .052 jet on a NO kit for customer "A" is not going to flow more than customer "B" and it certainly isn't going to flow an extra ~50whp more.

ASSUMING the same bottle pressure etc
You assume "all things equal" but are comparing 2 different cars, on 2 different dynos, tuned by different tuners. You and CBRTRX have no clue how either car is tuned and are just stuck on the fact that one made more power. If 2 9psi vortech cars differ by 30 hp is "something up" with ones #'s.

P.S. My car 2/14/2011. N/A: 378rw; N2O .052 jet: 473rw; same jet add 1 degree of timing: 502rw, but leaning it out 3/4 of a point netted 6rw. This is same car, same dyno, same tuner and with the same jet varied by 35rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread