NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
sweet_jump_passat_jalopnik_0000_Layer_2.jpg

Damn, Fairfax county, I wonder where and when that was, lol.

I don't understand. Did she ****ing fall from the sky? Or maybe she came out of the pipe like Mario? Who the **** knows...

It does NOT surprise me one bit. People can NOT drive in this part of the state.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Another angle.
sweet_jump_passat_jalopnik_0002_Frying_Pan_010.JPG.jpg

And more pictures...

This happened on Frying Pan Road

http://jalopnik.com/5312059/vw-pass...fter-failed-ken-block-impersonation/gallery/3

Dear Asian Woman in Grey VW Passat,

Every once in a while I come across pictures of accidents that are amazing, embarrassing, stupid, tragic and hilarious. But never have I ever come across an accident such as the one you had at one of our job sites this morning.

The first thought to go though my mind was the emoticon :-D, then a set of Internet slangs (ROFL and WTF to be exact) then an Internet meme of failblog. That's right, you have managed to create a scene so jawdroppingly incomprehensible, completely illogical, and physics defying that all the logical and reasoning receptors of my brain rejected these thoughts and they jumped straight to the portion of my brain destroyed by the Internet and alcohol. Taking the time to deduce the events prior to the current situation in the picture has made my brain hurt.

I have seen the maintenance of traffic plans on Frying Pan Road/Route 28 interchange and they are pretty simple. There were no sudden lane shift or complicated detours and the project was signing and marking was placed by the book. The lanes were narrowed from 12 feet to 11 feet and the traffic was shifted to one side to allow room for the construction area off the shoulder. The situation created should have been anything but confusing. All the cars entering the work zone were reduced in speed and the giant orange reflective barrels, signs and concrete barriers on either side channeled you into your lane.

If you could, please answer the following questions because Deep Blue would have trouble crunching the permutations it took for you to end up the way you did.

* How did you not notice that you at one point came off pavement and onto 50 feet of dirt, still manage to have enough speed traverse the dirt pile and jump 20 feet to land on the concrete wing wall?
* Are you familiar with operating a vehicle on a US roadway before?
* Do you know that on US roadways there is always pavement under your tires?
* Do you know the difference between driving on dirt and asphalt?
* Were you under the influence of and drugs, video game episodes or alcohol?
* Are you aware that there are no jumps to clear giant concrete obstacles while driving?
* Are you aware that there are no points, money, gold coins to gain if you attempt to jump mounds of dirt on the side of the road?
* Do you think you are Ken Block?
* Has the positions of the gas and brake pedals been modified on your vehicle?
* Do you know which pedal does what in your vehicle?
* Has your car been modified in anyway such as rocket boosters or anti gravity jets?

Thank you in advance. Hopefully these answers will stop the hemorrhaging in my brain. If this incident has not taken your license away permanently please voluntarily cut it up right now.

Cheers,
Oodles-of-Noodles

P.S. I was going to put the typical unamused picture here but I am not. This was anything but. In fact, it requires an applause picture. Bravo for making my day, Bravo.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
and sticking with the bad math jokes... sorry if it's a repost... and yeah i know it's terrible

YouTube - I Will Derive!

I'm a controls engineer *and* a student and that video hurts me on so many levels. Plus I have that same calculator.

I'm screwed on my next test because of you. ;)

^^ True that, that vid was funny as hell.

Oh, and get a TI-89. It is soooo much more helpful for an engineer.

that video is not funny.

Ti-89 Titanium..FTMFW!

LMAO yeah i'm in civil... got finals coming up in less than 2 weeks gonna suck

From a Electrical Engineer who took more advanced math than a freakin math major...I find that video freaking hilarious!!!! It also makes me sad and stressed due to the fact I have been out of school for 5 years and getting ready to have to deal with that crap again taking the FE Exam....that is going to be me soon in that video:eek:

synapsis

Established Member
^^ True that, that vid was funny as hell.

Oh, and get a TI-89. It is soooo much more helpful for an engineer.

I have an EEE PC netbook and put Mathematica on it for now. I can use it to type papers, check email, and do math as well. Once the batteries stop lasting for 4 hours I'll pick up a regular calculator again.

128932458792887574.jpg

BMA04LTNG

Established Member
From a Electrical Engineer who took more advanced math than a freakin math major...I find that video freaking hilarious!!!! It also makes me sad and stressed due to the fact I have been out of school for 5 years and getting ready to have to deal with that crap again taking the FE Exam....that is going to be me soon in that video:eek:

Oh man the FE sucks! Get the review material for the general and subject specific and study the hell out of it.

I am gearing up for the PE exam, and I am going to do the TestMasters review course, its expensive but they guarantee you pass. Most engineers at my work have done it and say its worth it.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Oh man the FE sucks! Get the review material for the general and subject specific and study the hell out of it.

I am gearing up for the PE exam, and I am going to do the TestMasters review course, its expensive but they guarantee you pass. Most engineers at my work have done it and say its worth it.

I'll probably never take the FE although that video looked like first semester University Physics. I had a helluva time with DiffEq. Now that I'm out, I rarely use that basic Calculus unless designing a new phase.

Users who are viewing this thread