Established Member
44668875_2865788446768193_1102135230023598080_n.jpg
44836557_2095604830489346_800809266658148352_o.jpg
45082886_2248595811830667_1447313694244470784_n.jpg
45000578_1951221108247153_7993504784390815744_n.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
LMFAO...they all look the same. There used to be one that hung out with the Houston area LS crowd, nice enough guy, but had serious drug issues and fit the profile 100%

Haha same here! Seriously a nice guy but he stunk, never washed his clothes, and was pretty much a stoner. His family was rich too and had his own home at 19 but it was a dump! I constantly went back and forth with him. He would be super cool one day and then a cocky little shit the next lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
Beiber looks like one of my old painters who was just a scummy piece of shit lol.

oh you mean like every auto painter ever? hahahaha

two things I learned while running a body shop : Don't do background checks, and don't drug test them. They'll fail both.

What matters is how well they can lay paint. lololololol

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
oh you mean like every auto painter ever? hahahaha

two things I learned while running a body shop : Don't do background checks, and don't drug test them. They'll fail both.

What matters is how well they can lay paint. lololololol

Aint that the truth. Im so glad Im out of the shop I was at. I wanted to spend money on a real painter but the owner insisted on scraping by with whoever was feeling lucky that day lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
Aint that the truth. Im so glad Im out of the shop I was at. I wanted to spend money on a real painter but the owner insisted on scraping by with whoever was feeling lucky that day lol.

yeah you GOTTA spend the money on a painter, because they work on 100% of the cars that come through.

Good painters are a dime a dozen, its keeping them working that's the problem. Painter at the shop I was at was always in competition with his brother (who was a painter at another spot) about their pay, so that helped. :D

One of them made $10,000 in a week once.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
yeah you GOTTA spend the money on a painter, because they work on 100% of the cars that come through.

Good painters are a dime a dozen, its keeping them working that's the problem. Painter at the shop I was at was always in competition with his brother (who was a painter at another spot) about their pay, so that helped. :D

One of them made $10,000 in a week once.

We were putting out about 80-100 cars a week so we had the work. I dont know if you know who Kelly Mackey is but he was painting for us for a bit to help us out cause he liked us a lot. The owner of the shop and his gf were the main painters because they had been trained to but I would still argue they were not experienced enough for that volume. They could bust out some good shit but I would say success rate was about 70% when a real painter is easily in the 90% range. Consistency is key!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I have a friend with a body shop

He told me right after my truck got hit and i quote

" ya know the only things here that really costs me money is the all new tools and shit I had to get to fix your piece of shit aluminum f150 and the ****er who paints shit, and because I like money I figured I would get those tools first to piss of the big dealerssince I stole the best painter within 200 miles of here" lol

That said the biggest reason I take my stuff thete is because his paint guy is an absolute stud...luckily the dude doesn't know exactly how good he really his but his boss knows and pays him very well

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I have a friend with a body shop

He told me right after my truck got hit and i quote

" ya know the only things here that really costs me money is the all new tools and shit I had to get to fix your piece of shit aluminum f150 and the ****er who paints shit, and because I like money I figured I would get those tools first to piss of the big dealerssince I stole the best painter within 200 miles of here" lol

That said the biggest reason I take my stuff thete is because his paint guy is an absolute stud...luckily the dude doesn't know exactly how good he really his but his boss knows and pays him very well

Funny part about the aluminum requirements is that in our experience, with such high volume, we fixed F150s all the time without having all the requirements. We had the tools but we never set up a station for it and such. Some cars can require that level of a sterile workstation but the F150s do not. Im not even sure what they mix into the Aluminum because the panels are held together with steel rivets. Makes no sense but it works. We never had one come back for contanination issues either.

And a good painter up here in the NW runs $90k and up. Kelly Mackey, who I referred to before, paints as an instructor for Wesco. They send him out to shops to spin up new painters and teach existing painters new tricks, but he fetches $4k per day to do that! From what I have been told and have seen firsthand, he is the best, or one of the best painters in the country. You can give him a color that is shades off and he can make it work by tricking your eyes. I've never seen anything like it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Funny part about the aluminum requirements is that in our experience, with such high volume, we fixed F150s all the time without having all the requirements. We had the tools but we never set up a station for it and such. Some cars can require that level of a sterile workstation but the F150s do not. Im not even sure what they mix into the Aluminum because the panels are held together with steel rivets. Makes no sense but it works. We never had one come back for contanination issues either.

Ford is using a 6000 series aluminium alloy, must be something in their alloying process.

Users who are viewing this thread