Numbers are in...910hp/1110ft lbs

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Finally got to the dyno today. Had some issues with belt slip that I need to address and then I'll probably head back to the dyno in the spring.

These are all corrected Mustang Dyno #'s

760hp/800tq on pump gas 20psi & 17* of timing

880hp/910tq on C16 25psi & 20* timing with the boost dropping off to 19psi by the end of the pull

911hp/1110tq on C16 26psi & 17* timing on 100 shot of nitrous with the boost also falling off to 20psi.

If I would have been able to hold the boost until the end of the pulls it most likely would have made well over 900hp on boost and should have cleared 1000hp on the bottle.

You can see the boost drop off instantly at the hit of the nitrous and it gradually falls off without the bottle. I have a manual belt tensioner and the the shortest belt I could fit on the car with a Reichard Racing ultra grip pulley and we just couldn't stop it from slipping.

All in all Im happy with it I just need to figure out a solution for this boost dropping off and go back and get my 1000hp dyno sheet

Scan0001.jpg

Scan0002.jpg

[youtube_browser]xmsliG7zln8&list=UU-oH_adzz8L5sjU2W4ZPCzg&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]rPaijUQoUkA&list=UU-oH_adzz8L5sjU2W4ZPCzg&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
Awesome numbers. I will say to be cautious about trying to fix the belt slip and piling on the belt tension. Stock caged lower or not you don't want to be cranking on the front of that snout too hard.

Your best bet might be to find a nice medium where it doesn't slip and you get more power for your C16 tune. That or have a Metco X10 (10 rib) setup made or see if you can find a used one, maybe the additional surface area will help, but this will mean losing the caged lower and then without a doubt watch what you apply for belt tension.

If you don't mind what is your pulley combos for the 20psi and 25psi of boost runs. I am thinking 20psi is a stock lower and below a 3.5" upper on that motor?

Just noticed you aren't running a caged lower. With that said be very careful on the belt tension. Most of the snouts I can remember that broke were manual tensioners with a decent amount more then stock tension applied. Still curious on your pulley combos if you have a second to share.

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Thank you all for the compliments, I really wish I didnt have the belt slip issue I probably could have been the highest dynoing 3.4 car out there at least from what Ive seen anyway. Ill figure something out though.

Awesome numbers. I will say to be cautious about trying to fix the belt slip and piling on the belt tension. Stock caged lower or not you don't want to be cranking on the front of that snout too hard.

Your best bet might be to find a nice medium where it doesn't slip and you get more power for your C16 tune. That or have a Metco X10 (10 rib) setup made or see if you can find a used one, maybe the additional surface area will help, but this will mean losing the caged lower and then without a doubt watch what you apply for belt tension.

If you don't mind what is your pulley combos for the 20psi and 25psi of boost runs. I am thinking 20psi is a stock lower and below a 3.5" upper on that motor?

Just noticed you aren't running a caged lower. With that said be very careful on the belt tension. Most of the snouts I can remember that broke were manual tensioners with a decent amount more then stock tension applied. Still curious on your pulley combos if you have a second to share.

Thanks man, yea I've seen a few people break the snouts off the crank so I didnt get too crazy with tightening the belt. Id rather lose power than a motor.

I didnt really know how much boost it was going to make because it was a completely new setup on a new motor that wasnt tuned so I couldnt put it into boost before going to the dyno to see what pulleys I would need.

For the pump gas tune it had a 2lb lower and a 3.5 upper and we left the belt a little loose and it worked out pretty good to be around 20.5 psi. Then I put a 4lb lower ring on it and tightened up the belt a bit and it would spike at 25 psi but as you can see it wouldnt hold it. I also had a 3.2 upper I wanted to try but it would have just made the belt issue worse so we didnt bother.

Users who are viewing this thread