nt05!! very dissapointed so far!!!!

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Everybody knows you have to "burn" off a new set of tires 1 or 2 times moderately to get them to hook. There is some sort of slick snot on them right at first. I'm very pleased with my nt05's

+1

My 315/35-17 555R's were worse than my bald Sumitomos when I first put them on, I spun till 80.. Did a burnout or 2 over the weekend and voila! they were good as gold. new DR's have to be heat-cycled to perform properly...

The only way I found my 555R's to hook, was set them at 10-12 psi. You can't exactly drive around town with "flat" tires. Plus they suck in the rain

I was hooking decently with mine @ 17psi at SATX Raceway. I slipped the clutch on the pass clutch and went 11.77 @ 118.5 with a 1.9x 60' (idle launch; just fixed IRS and didnt want to break it again :nonono:) and before that when I had my Gen 1 2.3 @ 20psi+torco (sold to fix busted IRS) I was running 11.2 @ 128 w/ 2.01 60' , also a launch @ 1100 rpm and short shifting 1-2 @ 5600 rpm... they hook well for what you get, but the NT05R should be an upgrade over the 555R...

and most DR's are bad in the rain, try driving on MTET streets in the rain, youll love your Nittos after that...

Last edited:

digital911

Established Member
Digital , how's the new tires working for u ?

AWESOME so far.
Some people are saying they won't continue to grip while others say they shouldn't grip while brand new, WTF ???

In fact they are so awesome, that I need more power now! I am looking into a real fuel system upgrade, and then either a new pulley combo for the eaton for more boost, or a whipple, well maybe I am dreaming about the whipple, but one day I will get one!

Thanks for the recommendations, you were correct!

rudycobra

Established Member
I think with tires u have to try them out yourself because everyone has diff opinions . Mine were completely bald and were still hooking awesome ! Think imma go the bap ard ported blower route , would like fuel system but just spent way too much on a clutch .

Users who are viewing this thread