NSFE Put. The. Knife. Down. Please.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
In training, have a friend hold a knife or whatever 10 feet away from you. Have you gun holstered. Have him lunge at you. I bet he reaches you before you can get your gun out and shoot!

Actually the distance is a minimum of 21 feet a person can be away and close the distance before you can fire a shot.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
In training, have a friend hold a knife or whatever 10 feet away from you. Have you gun holstered. Have him lunge at you. I bet he reaches you before you can get your gun out and shoot! We do this in training all the time. Not worth it. I want to go home at the end of my shift to see my daughter.. Her name is Shelbie of course.

We have tested this with sim rounds. On average people it is true, but trained individuals can draw on someone charging and put rounds on in as close as 6ft. I would say the best shooters could draw on a knife wielding attacker between 4-6ft, especially when you consider shooting from the hip.

Knife wounds are horrendous and difficult to close, so much damage can be done.

Bullets go in and then they fragment usually. A knife doesn't fragment. What goes in has to come out and if you know what you are doing with a knife then it is going in and out multiple times. You'd be lucky to get shot twice by the same person but someone stabbing you could do it over a dozen times. If they get you once chances are you are their victim til the end. You can get shot once and still get a way.

Users who are viewing this thread