NPB on 100 shot

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm not worried about the alignment but I won't put the brackets on without welding the tubes. There have been far too many threads about twisted axle tubes that I'm not willing to roll the dice.

I do want to pull a wheelie for at least one photo though so that'll be another goal. lol

The shocks have 18 adjustment points and on that pass, I was only at 3(drivers side) and 4(passenger side) so they have a lot more room for stiffness.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I like the direction this thread has taken.

Sai, awesome job man. I am very happy to see your progression with that car, and I couldn't be happier for you sir! I about fell over when you text me that slip...lol

You are having the same exact results as we had. We used the bottom hole N/A....and it worked the best. Once the boost was added, it still worked, but it was inconsistent. We simply moved the LCA up a hole and all problems resolved. This is why I am so "against" all of the single position LCA Brackets on the market.

04compgt

Established Member
I'm not worried about the alignment but I won't put the brackets on without welding the tubes. There have been far too many threads about twisted axle tubes that I'm not willing to roll the dice.

I do want to pull a wheelie for at least one photo though so that'll be another goal. lol

The shocks have 18 adjustment points and on that pass, I was only at 3(drivers side) and 4(passenger side) so they have a lot more room for stiffness.

Stiffer is not always better but you definitely have to find that happy point, that's what test and tune is all about. Good luck with it!

04compgt

Established Member
I like the direction this thread has taken.

Sai, awesome job man. I am very happy to see your progression with that car, and I couldn't be happier for you sir! I about fell over when you text me that slip...lol

You are having the same exact results as we had. We used the bottom hole N/A....and it worked the best. Once the boost was added, it still worked, but it was inconsistent. We simply moved the LCA up a hole and all problems resolved. This is why I am so "against" all of the single position LCA Brackets on the market.

Kelly thanks man, it has been a long road and lots of crappy timeslips in between to get the car to where it is at. I would agree with you on the single position LCA Brackets, there is no "one size fits all", ride height can vary tremendously by springs and weight of the car, spring rate will play a huge factor as well, depending on the car's power level these settings could also vary. There is too much to the equation, slapping parts on the car doesn't make it go faster. I am doing this on stock shocks front and back.

PS: Now you need to find me a deal on shocks ;) so I can put these BMR parts in the 1.3x

BMR Tech

Do you want Strange Adjustables front and rear, or Strange up front and Viking out back?

Reply to my email.

04compgt

Established Member
Do you want Strange Adjustables front and rear, or Strange up front and Viking out back?

Reply to my email.

I am going to start with the rears strange shocks first to see where that takes me as I feel the front end is working fine. I replied to your email.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Hopefully Saturday one of us does. I need to make sure all of my runs are recorded, I want the wheels up video lol

Well if you get it Saturday, you definitely will win that race. I need the rest of the suspension done. I don't think it's even remotely possible to go 1.3 on my current setup.

I have to assume there will be all sorts of camera recording for the duration of the event

04compgt

Established Member
Well if you get it Saturday, you definitely will win that race. I need the rest of the suspension done. I don't think it's even remotely possible to go 1.3 on my current setup.

I have to assume there will be all sorts of camera recording for the duration of the event

I guess we will see. I may just do the 11.50 index on motor. Leave the 10.50 index to you fast guys lol

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I guess we will see. I may just do the 11.50 index on motor. Leave the 10.50 index to you fast guys lol

Your car is faster than mine on motor and on spray so you would be "the fast guys".

I'm not sure what class I'm going to run in just yet. There are many to choose from, none of which I'll be competitive in so we'll see.

04compgt

Established Member
Your car is faster than mine on motor and on spray so you would be "the fast guys".

I'm not sure what class I'm going to run in just yet. There are many to choose from, none of which I'll be competitive in so we'll see.

Maybe I'll stick to the test and tune and try to get a better timeslip class lol

04compgt

Established Member
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. :shrug:

Too many serious cars with probably a bunch of electronics in the 10.50 class to be competitive, the 11.50 class seems a little more realistic but that would take away the fun of grabbing a good timeslip in excellent track prep. Just my opinion

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Too many serious cars with probably a bunch of electronics in the 10.50 class to be competitive, the 11.50 class seems a little more realistic but that would take away the fun of grabbing a good timeslip in excellent track prep. Just my opinion

Agree.. that's what I've been saying once the rules were announced. Get in where ya fit in though so we will have to make do. I just hope the test and tune tech card lets you make enough passes. I went to IFO at BMP last year and tried to enter the 10.50 index. They didn't have enough participation so the class was cancelled and I was left in the test and tune field and over an 8 hour day, I was only allowed to make 2 passes.

Users who are viewing this thread