Novi 2000 owners come in

The Mongoose

Established Member
If you're running a Novi 2000 blower, I'd like to know how you like it and what kind of numbers you're making. Would also like to know where your powerband is and how the blower sounds at idle. The year of car, engine, tranny, mod list, etc. would be appreciated. Also, has anyone had to have one re-built and if so, at how many miles and what was the cost to have it re-built?

NoviGT2000

Established Member
Im running a novi 2000 on the following setup: fully built motor (ported heads, cams, etc), tko 600 transmission, 4.10 rear gears, 8 rib setup, big read procharger by pass valve, intercooled, 10% overdrive pulley, 3in pulley on the novi, producing 18lbs of boost.

The car pulls like a freight train after 3200 rpms. As far as idle, it sounds just like any other centrifugal blower. I would say im roughly in the ballpack of 600-650hp currently as it sits. Never dynoed the car but thats what i have seen from similar setups. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

erod

Established Member
i have one on a 03 cobra running 15 psi making about 600 at the wheel. sounds good idling id like it to be louder wot,but what are you gonna do,it does pull hard after 3500

The Mongoose

Established Member
Thanks guys. How does the car feel below 3500 rpm's? The car I'm getting has Crower stage 2 blower cams; will they help produce more power/torque in the lower RPM range?

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Im running a novi 2000 on the following setup: fully built motor (ported heads, cams, etc), tko 600 transmission, 4.10 rear gears, 8 rib setup, big read procharger by pass valve, intercooled, 10% overdrive pulley, 3in pulley on the novi, producing 18lbs of boost.

The car pulls like a freight train after 3200 rpms. As far as idle, it sounds just like any other centrifugal blower. I would say im roughly in the ballpack of 600-650hp currently as it sits. Never dynoed the car but thats what i have seen from similar setups. Hope this helps.

Still keeping you in mind if i swap th 1.7

NoviGT2000

Established Member
Still keeping you in mind if i swap th 1.7

Let me know. Most dependable blower I have ever owned. I kinda miss my KB setup even though I make a ton of power currently with this novi.

This one has Posi 373 gears, coil-overs and full Kenny Brown suspension. How will the 373 gears be down low?
Honestly if you crank up the boost you will barely tell it is lagging. If you want to experiment with making serious power and making a novi feel like a twin screw blower add a BOV to the setup. I have been considering this idea if I continue with my current setup.

Basically you can create boost more instantaneously by only allowing so much boost to be created. So for example you put a 28lb pulley on the car and only want 14lbs of boost. The idea in adding a BOV is that it will bleed off excess boost. 14lbs on a novi at that boost level will come on at 2600rpms or so. So basically you the car will feel like you have a kb car. A buddy ran this with a 32lb pulley and only created 18lbs of boost and his car pulled like a freight train.

coposrv

Established Member
Let me know. Most dependable blower I have ever owned. I kinda miss my KB setup even though I make a ton of power currently with this novi.

Honestly if you crank up the boost you will barely tell it is lagging. If you want to experiment with making serious power and making a novi feel like a twin screw blower add a BOV to the setup. I have been considering this idea if I continue with my current setup.

Basically you can create boost more instantaneously by only allowing so much boost to be created. So for example you put a 28lb pulley on the car and only want 14lbs of boost. The idea in adding a BOV is that it will bleed off excess boost. 14lbs on a novi at that boost level will come on at 2600rpms or so. So basically you the car will feel like you have a kb car. A buddy ran this with a 32lb pulley and only created 18lbs of boost and his car pulled like a freight train.

I think you mean a wastegate to the cold side piping. I really want to do this.

The Mongoose

Established Member

Basically you can create boost more instantaneously by only allowing so much boost to be created. So for example you put a 28lb pulley on the car and only want 14lbs of boost. The idea in adding a BOV is that it will bleed off excess boost. 14lbs on a novi at that boost level will come on at 2600rpms or so. So basically you the car will feel like you have a kb car. A buddy ran this with a 32lb pulley and only created 18lbs of boost and his car pulled like a freight train.[/QUOTE]

The Cobra I'm getting is making 18 psi and it does have a BOV. The video's I've seen of the Cobra sound sick. In one video, he's running the car pretty hard down the street and everytime he shifts, you can hear un-goddly amounts of air being released. At idle, it sounds really good too; a lot like a D1SC or F1A Procharger. The guy I'm getting it from claims it makes just under 800 hp; dnyo sheet is being sent to me as well.

vadorsnake04

Established Member

The Cobra I'm getting is making 18 psi and it does have a BOV. The video's I've seen of the Cobra sound sick. In one video, he's running the car pretty hard down the street and everytime he shifts, you can hear un-goddly amounts of air being released. At idle, it sounds really good too; a lot like a D1SC or F1A Procharger. The guy I'm getting it from claims it makes just under 800 hp; dnyo sheet is being sent to me as well.[/QUOTE]

That would be the BOV, all centrifigals have one. He is talking about adding a waste gate also like on a turbo that way you can control boost amount electronically via boost controller.

The Mongoose

Established Member
Post up the video!

And id be interested in seeing how hes making 800hp on only 18lbs....

I am looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet. It's a 1999 Cobra with a 04 Cobra engine, ECU, Tranny. It also has Crower stage 2 cams along with the Novi 2000 pushing 18 psi. Here are some videos of the car.

paxton novi 2000 on cobra - YouTube

IMG 5174 - YouTube

800 hp cobra idle - YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnw-...outube.com/watch?v=nnw-rwl_Bjs&feature=relmfu

The Mongoose

Established Member
car sounds sick, what is the exhaust setup on it??

BBK long tube headers, mac 3 inch x-pipe, 3 inch in/out mufflers and extensions to carry the exhaust out to the rear bumper. Not sure on the brand of mufflers, but I think mac. The car does sound sick. Can't wait to complete the trade and pick her up.

Users who are viewing this thread