Not sure which 13/14 to buy

dru440

Established Member
I have been shopping around for a 13/14 at a value price. The choice I am leaning towards is a 13 in ruby red (believe its a different name for 13) only options are navigation and recaros 7k miles 48,000 price. I was really hoping for an SVT performance package and track package. Not that I would even race the car but if I ever sold it I feel it could matter? Second choice is a deep impact blue with 6k miles 2014 with svt performance package, track package, nav and recaros. 51k is the price. Being that it has that equipment and its a 2014 it may be worth the 3k. What do you guys think?

rdsnk46

Established Member
Ruby Red is much nicer to me than the blue which is still incredible, 13 is 20th SVT anniversary also.

Bad Company

Established Member
The 13 color will be Candy Red Metallic Tinted. Which is a lighter shade of red in a color plait of a color chart versus the Ruby Red Metallic Tinted offered in the 14 model year

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Color can make a world of difference to some people. If you ignore color for a moment, the 14 is the best choice as it has the options you want and is a year newer. The DIB is a beautiful color. You may or may not like it. Don't buy the 13 as it does not have the options you deem vital.

In summary, if you love the blue get the 14. If not keep looking for one that has all the options and color you want!

fearthesnake

Established Member
What color combo do you like the best? Don't just shop value, you will not be happy in the end.

IMO- decide what color/stripe combo you want the most. Then factor in the Track Package, Performance package plus whatever options you want?

You are about to spend $50K dollars on a car. Don't just settle for value to save $2,000 dollars.

I watch car gurus several times a week. There are great deals in several colors to choose from. Anywhere from $49K-$53K asking price.

There is a great deal on a loaded 2013 White/Black stripe combo, convertible, low miles. Track pack, performance pack, navigation, Recaros, premium sound with subwoofer. Car has Corsa exhaust, black billet accessories,etc. asking price is $51K. I have a 13, Grabber Blue/Black stripe combo with glass roof. Seriously considering trading mine in for this car.

Do a nationwide search on cargururs.com for 13/14 Shelby's. There are also many black colors and DIB to choose from.

Take your time and shop around. Get the exact car you want and good luck.

dru440

Established Member
What color combo do you like the best? Don't just shop value, you will not be happy in the end.

IMO- decide what color/stripe combo you want the most. Then factor in the Track Package, Performance package plus whatever options you want?

You are about to spend $50K dollars on a car. Don't just settle for value to save $2,000 dollars.

I watch car gurus several times a week. There are great deals in several colors to choose from. Anywhere from $49K-$53K asking price.

There is a great deal on a loaded 2013 White/Black stripe combo, convertible, low miles. Track pack, performance pack, navigation, Recaros, premium sound with subwoofer. Car has Corsa exhaust, black billet accessories,etc. asking price is $51K. I have a 13, Grabber Blue/Black stripe combo with glass roof. Seriously considering trading mine in for this car.

Do a nationwide search on cargururs.com for 13/14 Shelby's. There are also many black colors and DIB to choose from.

Take your time and shop around. Get the exact car you want and good luck.

You are right. The blue car sold this weekend. I feel like I need to purchase before March because the prices are going to go up. I could be wrong! The used market is very difficult because there is very little difference in price from a fully loaded 70k original MSRP and a base 55k vehicle. As more of the GT350's come in maybe a few more will show up as trade ins.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I tend to prefer the final year of production. They always seem to be just a little more special.

But the '13's are the 20 yr anniversary on the door sill, so they are special too! lol.. had to throw that in there. Both years are great models.

Dru - you are probably right, the cars may be a little higher around spring time. Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

zsommer79

Established Member
I feel like I need to purchase before March because the prices are going to go up. I could be wrong! The used market is very difficult because there is very little difference in price from a fully loaded 70k original MSRP and a base 55k vehicle.

Hope you are right about prices being higher in the spring since I am considering letting mine go, but from a buyers prospective you should wait until you find the exact car you want. Buyers remorse is not worth the 1-2k difference you are probably looking at.

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
The 2014. The extra options on it are much less than when I bought new. The Recaros alone were $1600 or so and the TP and PP were another $3-4000, and then the NAV system. The color really doesn't matter, unless it's Black anyway!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread