(Not a Ford) New car, just sharing for the car enthusiasts.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I almost got a WRX for my DD several years ago, awesome cars! Very nice ride!!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
the new WRX looks like a Nissan sentra from the side. UGLYYYYYY

Really?

new-2014-nissan-sentra-4drsdni4cvtsr-8502-11527184-7-400.jpg

20140607_113318_zps06rddynw.gif

lls

You're entitled to not like it but that was a horrible comparison LOL

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Good move, though I'm not a fan of the new design. Looks too bland to me, rear end looks watered down BMW, front us watered down evo, side profile is watered down hodgepodge of every other sedans. Just no character in it to me.

But it's for sure a better car, so it has that going for it, which is nice.

macworld

Established Member
One thing about this new WRX that seems to go unnoticed is the drop in power from the previous model. On any given day the 09-14 would put out 250ish Hp at the wheels. The Sti would only put out 5-10 more hp on the same dyno on the same day. With this new model it appears that it really only makes 265 instead of being under rated like the older version. The trap speed appears to be down 3-5mph as a result.

CtSvt

Established Member
Congrats , I'll be picking up my 2015 World Rally Blue WRX , in a few weeks . I have to wait for it off the ship lol .

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
One thing about this new WRX that seems to go unnoticed is the drop in power from the previous model. On any given day the 09-14 would put out 250ish Hp at the wheels. The Sti would only put out 5-10 more hp on the same dyno on the same day. With this new model it appears that it really only makes 265 instead of being under rated like the older version. The trap speed appears to be down 3-5mph as a result.

I think I mentioned this earlier. very true but...Cobb has stage I tuned a 15 STI and a 15 wrx. They are only 5hp difference (288 VS 283) hp. The Sti is making a bit more tq though. 320 VS 290 (.5 extra liters of displacement most likely). So it seems Subaru has a conservative tune on the 2.0. The good thing about the 2.0 is they make peak tq @ 2 rpm :) problem..it doesn't have that surprise like the EJ when it kicks in @ 3.5k.

I plan on staying stock this time until warranty is over so I don't have to stress over every noise or sound i hear...only went with 60k warranty for now. If I am still happy later probably bump it to 100k.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Good move, though I'm not a fan of the new design. Looks too bland to me, rear end looks watered down BMW, front us watered down evo, side profile is watered down hodgepodge of every other sedans. Just no character in it to me.

But it's for sure a better car, so it has that going for it, which is nice.

It's a bit more mature I agree which is why I like it. It's more streamlined but I don't ever think the wrx has not been bland. It was always just a impreza with a body kit. With 09 being the absolute worse!

But it was an awesome upgrade coming from a 12 in many ways. Not to piss on anyone with older models but this Gen is the best handling wrx I've felt. I feel like I am pulling up the asphalt around curves. I run it in trac.mode which takes off tcc but leaves on the torque vectoring. I honestly have no desire to touch the suspension. Sways were the first thing I did on the GR platform. It was so soft and rolled on curves pretty bad.

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Congrats on your new ride. The 02 model is still my favorite for some reason, its prob the bug eye look lol.

speedieGT500

Established Member
I just looked at a 15 STi in red the other day and although I prefer the styling of my old 07 to it the car seems to be a much better overall car and the interior is in a different league than my 07 was. Still in the back of my mind...

Users who are viewing this thread