(Not a Ford) New car, just sharing for the car enthusiasts.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I had a year and 36,000 miles to share with my 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX. When purchased, it had 15k on the ODO. 2 months later a mod here, a mod there, mods every where. Before turning it over on Monday I had turbo downpipe, front and rear sway and endlink upgrades, short throw with front/rear bushings, axleback exhaust and a "Stage II" pro tune. The car was pushing right @ 300/320whp on dynojet. It was a fun car, a little sloppy before mods but it never let me down. It also seemed to be OK with daily a punishing. I ran "Stage II" for at least 25,000 miles and enjoyed every minute of it commuting to work and getting the surprise on some people.

I got 2 last shots in on our last day,
20140601_143745_zpsywdsxlvd.gif

IMG_20140601_140207_zpsactnl6hd.gif

Older, but favorite shot,
2013-08-10203824_zpse0ff9f4e.gif

It was time to move on, so I did...

20140604_175853_zpstmgedofe.gif

20140604_175918_zps3kbekggp.gif

IMG_20140604_180100_zpsbjlagghf.gif

20140602_135115_zpsggj6ip0n.gif

Upgraded to the new 2015 WRX (no longer Impreza) Limited edition. Haven't got interior shots but limited is the highest trim package before STi. Just leather/power seats, LED lights, among other little things. The color is the new Crystal White Pearl and it looks great. I had an 09 Impreza with the Satin White Pearl. This is a bit different which seems to be silver w/ blue metallic flakes.

I got the windows tinted yesterday to 35%. I am not looking to do much this time around. I was getting tired about warranty and modifications being cause of denial if needed. I don't really think I am going to do much more because I really like the car as it sits. They did IMO, a awesome job this time around. The car no longer feels the need for upgraded swaybars. The shifts are good, the power now comes low (2k RPM) with the new 2.0 direct injection twinscroll turbo.

The new WRX also has the torque vectoring and let me tell you... I hit a exit so hard with my buddy behind me that he almost fell off his tires. The car just grips and laughs for more. I haven't really got on it because I am breaking it in (500 more miles until I am @ 1000) but I can tell the car will be a fun, ecobox sports sedan.

That's all, just wanted to share my experiences outside of the domestic world. This is my 3rd Subaru and while they're were a bit bland and disappointing in the past. This one really has it. The styling is there, the drivetrain is there and the cost was there.

Decent view into the car from Jalo.
http://jalopnik.com/2015-subaru-wrx-the-jalopnik-review-1515746913/all

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to ask you in another thread to post pics of the new WRX you got.

I like it in white. Wasn't a fan initially of the new look, but yours looks sharp.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice. I bought an STI in Oct 03 when they first came out. Fun little cars. How responsive are the newer EJ motors to mods?

MachJoe

Established Member
Nice. I bought an STI in Oct 03 when they first came out. Fun little cars. How responsive are the newer EJ motors to mods?

Its the new FA motor, the one found in the BRZ.

OP, congrats on the new WRX. The new body is really starting to grow on me. I've been debating if I should sell both cars and pick one up.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

The WRX got the FA20DIT. However the 2015 STi is still on the same EJ motor most likely to keep support for all the aftermarket parts for the EJ. People are speculating that in a year or two they will expect the STi to get a new motor. The EJ responds good to mods. I got 60HP just from a tune and down-pipe on my 2012. Very fun & capable cars. And the community is hands down awesome. Yea, a lot of kids but everyone loves there car that I have met. I went to the Boxerfest meet (first year for it) at FedEX Field in Maryland and there were probably 200-300 WRX/STI who came in. The used market is awesome too. I only paid new price for a few things. The rest was used and cheap because there are so much in the marketplace (NASIOC).

I am looking forward to see what all of the tuners develop and can get out of the new 2.0s.

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
New body style is still working on me, but white is a good color on it

and I have heard a lot of good things about it

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Congrats on the WRX! I seen a blue '15 STi yesterday and I had to do a double take because it looked so surprisingly good. Is the interior improved significantly?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Congrats on the WRX! I seen a blue '15 STi yesterday and I had to do a double take because it looked so surprisingly good. Is the interior improved significantly?

I think significantly would be an overuse but it is greatly improved. I will get some shots when I get a chance. Not much plastic anymore. Dash is a soft compound. Probably to prevent the notorious squeaks and rattles.

The car feels like it has more room, quieter on the highway. Finally has extra things like an info center that has boost guage, other informations, maintenance stuff and custom readings you can set up. The dash cluster has a little information center as well. The seats are different and feel really good and look great in leather.

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Love the picture with the SR-71, such an amazing piece of machinery. The new ride looks great, I always thought a Subaru would make an excellent daily driver!

TClark22

Established Member
sick upgrade

has the rated mpg increased on the gas pigs yet? That is 1 of 2 things that made me decide on my ST instead of a new 13 WRX. They are 4cyl, why do they only get high teens in the city and like low 20s on the hwy?

Love the looks of the new WRX though.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I think its a better buy than the new STI...I know the STi has the new diff and new tuning and blah blah.....but its not any quicker because it didn't get the new version of the engine. So far it seems it has to be driven at 9.5/10th's be any quicker than the wrx. But I haven't driven one in YEARS so im just going off test reports.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
sick upgrade

has the rated mpg increased on the gas pigs yet? That is 1 of 2 things that made me decide on my ST instead of a new 13 WRX. They are 4cyl, why do they only get high teens in the city and like low 20s on the hwy?

Love the looks of the new WRX though.

According to Fuelly they are averaging 24.5(http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/wrx) with the current data. So 1 mile less than the 2014 Focus ST(http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus st). Plus the 2014 ST has over 300,000 more miles logged so it might get better.

So definitely pulling more MPG. I got mine Monday and just refueled yesterday. With my previous I was getting 21-22MPG according to the on board meaning it was probably a bit lower. I never use the built in MPG ratings the come with these cars. They are usually off by a good 3-5MPG. I drive 100 miles a day to work. My 2012 I would have to fill up every other day.. So it seems I get atleast 1 extra day of fueling. I am also only 500 miles so it might get better.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I think its a better buy than the new STI...I know the STi has the new diff and new tuning and blah blah.....but its not any quicker because it didn't get the new version of the engine. So far it seems it has to be driven at 9.5/10th's be any quicker than the wrx. But I haven't driven one in YEARS so im just going off test reports.

Agreed. Even 2011-2014 WRX was a better buy unless you planned on tracking it. Same power output, they just underrated the WRX to sell the STi. WRX had faster 0-60 and were putting 240+-whp on the dyno which was pretty much the same as the STi.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Congrats Rich! I saw one in person yesterday on the street, had no idea they were redesign till I saw it yesterday. IMO they remind me a lot of the older 98 WRX mixed with last gen. They look great an a nice improvement.

The back looks a bit plain this time around though IMO, missing the STi wing. Or maybe I just really liked how the STi wing looks on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread