Noob from Austin, TX!

04RedfireTX

Established Member
Hey guys. I just picked up an 04 redfire cobra back in January. I have always wanted one and actually bought it from an old friend who rarely drove it. It's pretty much stock with 75k miles.

So far upgrades include:
K&N intake
BBK throttle body
UPR catted c-pipe
Cat back
Lowered
SVE drift wheels
Tinted American Muscle headlights

Let me know what you think and I am open to any advise or recommendations as I am still very new to this car!
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG

bullitt2735

Established Member
nice looking cobra! I just picked mine up mine a few months ago too(I'm also from Austin) , they're a blast. Parts wise I'd suggest getting it pullied, sub frame connectors, irs bushings, and frp diff cover.

Their is a TON of information on pretty much every aspect of these cars in the terminator section.

04RedfireTX

Established Member
Nice! Do you know any good Shops in the Austin area for my future mods/tune?

I'm originally from Dallas so I'm still getting used to the area.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Honestly nope, I tend to do everything myself except tuning. I'm very picky on who I let work on my car. VMP tuned my car currently and when I sent them datalogs to check it, it was pretty much spot on. I'm going to tune it next time I think or let 04Sleeper on the forums tune it. I believe he is actually Dallas based.

04RedfireTX

Established Member
Honestly nope, I tend to do everything myself except tuning. I'm very picky on who I let work on my car. VMP tuned my car currently and when I sent them datalogs to check it, it was pretty much spot on. I'm going to tune it next time I think or let 04Sleeper on the forums tune it. I believe he is actually Dallas based.

Thanks for the info!

Sucks that someone put hood pins on the car. o_O

Yeah that was the first owner The second owner (guy I bought it from) hated them as well but unfortunately the holes were already drilled. I will be ordering a new hood when extra funds come around.

04RedfireTX

Established Member
I will hopefully be getting a full cf hood for my cobra in the next few weeks, so my oem hood will no longer be needed. It is black though, but could easily be repainted.
Awesome, let me know when you do and maybe we can work out a deal

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Yeah that was the first owner The second owner (guy I bought it from) hated them as well but unfortunately the holes were already drilled. I will be ordering a new hood when extra funds come around.

You wonder if they were walking through the "bling" aisle in Autozone and they thought, "This is JUST what my sweet ass Cobra needs! My hood could totally fly off at 200 MPH."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread