Non ethanol gas being sold?

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Wife was getting gas the other day at a local Liberty gas station, they get gas from the same tanker trucks as mobil gas around here, and they had 87oct with 10% ethanol for 3.65 and 87 octane with no ethanol for 3.72 a gallon. I didn't even notice it but a few months ago I got gas and must have got th non ethanol version because on the wa home I was doing mileage math and was like...wait somethin ain't right I culd have sworn it said 3.6something a gallon...why did I just pay 3.70 somthing. First I wonder why it would be more expensive and why even offer it in the first place? Shouldn't non ethanol be the gas to have anyway?Sent with Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

Sent with Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Several stations near me have signs that say their premium fuel is non-ethanol.

prostkr

Established Member
Its big here for the boaters, But its also great for all your small engine stuff that sits part time. Non ET gas will store for a lot longer and keep you tank and carbs happy.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I hate ethanol. It wreaks havoc on fuel systems if it sits. Wish I could find non ethanol fuel.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I know my snowmobile hates ethanol...2 strokes dont like wasting good corn whiskey either

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
Haven't seen one around here that doesn't have ethanol. It'd be interesting in trying out a tank or two if I can get my hands on it.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I've seen it increase between 3-5 mpg, depending on the vehicle..

Yeah I'm calling shenanigans on that.

Other than corn-farmers who are getting rich off the subsidies paid by the government for ethanol and the government itself, ethanol is a lose-lose situation. It burns MARGINALLY cleaner, costs us foodstuffs and taxes, and gives worse gas mileage. I'd gladly pay 7-10 cents more per gallon for non-ethanol gasoline if I could find it locally.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would love to see non-ethanol, too. I have never been a fan of ethanol induced gas.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
at least the tax credit on ethanol died this year...hopefully subsidies for it die in the coming years..or they atleast look for non-corn alternatives for ethanol.

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Yeah I'm calling shenanigans on that.

Other than corn-farmers who are getting rich off the subsidies paid by the government for ethanol and the government itself, ethanol is a lose-lose situation. It burns MARGINALLY cleaner, costs us foodstuffs and taxes, and gives worse gas mileage. I'd gladly pay 7-10 cents more per gallon for non-ethanol gasoline if I could find it locally.
Getting rich? That's a laugh...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I don't think the absence of 10% ethanol would increase the mileage that much. Driving habits have more to do with it.

My Cobra went from 22.8 on the highway to 19.1 average. My moms Park Avenue went from 32 to 27 highway average..

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

slapshot

Established Member
That's a great price for E-free. Around here it runs around .20 a gallon more for 89. My old '10 GMC Sierra got around 3 mpg better mileage with E-free. I wish a station closer to me carried it so I could run it in the boat. It's just far enough away to be a p.i.t.a. to fill up the boat. Marina e-free gas run close to $1 per gallon more than the gas stations, just too darn expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread