No more Nike’s

coposrv

Established Member
The fact that society somehow idolizes and worships athletes should be very disconcerting. I'd like to see representation by someone who goes out and busts his or her ass daily rather than a ball player.

“Ball players” have the talent that 1 in a million have. Yes they deserve the attention.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's too bad because all my gym shorts are Nike. I'm definitely not burning them as most of them cost 45 bucks a pair. But going forward, I will not buy any more Nike products. It's a shame too because they are awesome gym shorts.
I don't buy any of their foot wear and haven't in years. I wear New Balance to work and for hanging out, it's all Adidas shelltoes and Adidas Gazelle/Campus sneakers.
Oh,.......and Crapperdick is an anti-American piece of garbage.

Rct851

Established Member
I'm a white dude from the suburbs and the constant coverage of kapernicks protests have made me step back and try to put myself in someone else's shoes more so then i think i would have before the attention this has received.

not necessarily police treating certain groups differently but just in general how lucky i am to grow up where I did. I didn't have money but just being able to see middle-upper class way of life shape choices i made etc.

It would be mighty arrogant of me to assume if i grew up in a crack whore infested ghetto i would be where i am at, or have the opportunities come my way.

I'm certain him and i wouldnt agree on everything but i havent heard or seen him do anything yet that warrants the "hate" towards him.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Answer me this:

If you asked the average 40 year old white guy, "Who buys the most Nike products" they would likely answer "20 something black males."

If you post a video of a new pair of Nike's going on sale at midnight, the line will be mostly young urban males, with a large number of minorities.

Nike hires Kapernick, who claims he was standing up for young black males, and now a bunch of small town, confederate flag waving, rural, 40 something year old white males are screaming, "I'm never buying Nikes again, they're going to go bankrupt!"

....really? Like you were buying them before? Maybe 1 pair in 5 years, compared to the basketball loving 25 year old who bought 8 pairs this year, plus has his Nike warm up pants, windbreaker, jacket, socks, etc.

Save me the 3% drop in stock BS as that will rebound in no time.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'm a white dude from the suburbs and the constant coverage of kapernicks protests have made me step back and try to put myself in someone else's shoes more so then i think i would have before the attention this has received.

not necessarily police treating certain groups differently but just in general how lucky i am to grow up where I did. I didn't have money but just being able to see middle-upper class way of life shape choices i made etc.

It would be mighty arrogant of me to assume if i grew up in a crack whore infested ghetto i would be where i am at, or have the opportunities come my way.

I'm certain him and i wouldnt agree on everything but i havent heard or seen him do anything yet that warrants the "hate" towards him.

It's not hate for me! However! I totally disrespect him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

railroad

Established Member
Giving $25K to a group supporting a criminal that killed a State Trooper and then fled to Cuba, sorta is over the line for me. How is disrespecting your country a protest against what ever is bothering him. If he was worried about minorities and slavery, go to the country that it still exist and try protesting.
I might cut you some slack when that happens.
Sports makes millionaires out of a person and they are instantly an authority on everything.
So he hates law enforcement, not everyone can afford the personal protection he pays for and we rely on the blue line to protect us. Protest your country, who has given you all you have. Protest the police, See who you call when a druggie kicks in your door or assaults your family.
Spoiled brat, just like the majority of the other no sense protesters. He will probably turn Islamic next.

Coiled03

Established Member
Answer me this:

If you asked the average 40 year old white guy, "Who buys the most Nike products" they would likely answer "20 something black males."

If you post a video of a new pair of Nike's going on sale at midnight, the line will be mostly young urban males, with a large number of minorities.

Nike hires Kapernick, who claims he was standing up for young black males, and now a bunch of small town, confederate flag waving, rural, 40 something year old white males are screaming, "I'm never buying Nikes again, they're going to go bankrupt!"

....really? Like you were buying them before? Maybe 1 pair in 5 years, compared to the basketball loving 25 year old who bought 8 pairs this year, plus has his Nike warm up pants, windbreaker, jacket, socks, etc.

First, I'm pretty sure your evaluation of the demographics of people that were buying Nikes is a little narrow minded.

Second, if you're so confident the stock drop is temporary, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go buy some shares. Easy money if you're right.

Lastly, if you're so in tune with what he was protesting, why don't you find some stats or evidence to back up his claims? Nobody else seems able to provide any.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
All of the above. Overpaid...

It's the only " profession " where someone can be like

" Here's a 100 million dollar contract. Even if you don't do your job. We will still pay you 80% of what you're contractually obligated to do"

Coiled03

Established Member
It's the only " profession " where someone can be like

" Here's a 100 million dollar contract. Even if you don't do your job. We will still pay you 80% of what you're contractually obligated to do"

To be fair, if you change that to 100%, that's NBA contracts.

tistan

Established Member
I
There's no reason for a vet to be homeless with all the liberal programs already in place.
Answer me this:

A lot of white people who play golf and tennis buy Nike apparel. Most of my work shirts are Nike. I won't be sending them anymore money, and I won't be wearing those shirts anymore. From the outrage on Facebook, I'm pretty sure wearing a Nike shirt might offend clients.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I switched from Nike golf shoes to sketchers a few years ago, and not for this. Better shoes honestly. My feet don’t get wet and they feel better. I’ll buy them again.

I wear out shoes. Sketchers is my new go to. The memory foam is a added comfort. My latest have a steel toe in the sneaker. They have been great in not soaking up water and dry fast.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I switched from Nike golf shoes to sketchers a few years ago, and not for this. Better shoes honestly. My feet don’t get wet and they feel better. I’ll buy them again.

Did the same thing about two years ago went with UA shoes and love them. I also have sketchers work shoes and love them as well.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
attachment.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread