No more Nike’s

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
So the group that supports them rolled off the couch, got off a knee, exited mom's basement and made the jaunt to a Nike outlet to show how proud they are to not be proud.

The beef is in the long term numbers. Nike has made a sacrifice here and it'll show once the dust settles.
Boom. Headshot.
And to add, the girl with the car & job probably drove them there too....

Rct851

Established Member
Sometimes it takes people who are not themselves oppressed to stand up for a group they feel they can relate to that are oppressed, or at least oppressed in the eyes of the people spearheading a movement.

Those actually oppressed do not have a voice loud enough to bring awareness to their troubles because they may be actually oppressed.

Not matter which side you stand on some of these basics points need to be realized by both sides. Not that difficult. Continuously attacking kapernick or lebron because they are rich is a nonesense argument.

Again I do not agree with everything they (pro kapernick) are putting the blame on. But I feel like this thread is full of mouth breathers on both sides and some sort of mediation is needed.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Sometimes it takes people who are not themselves oppressed to stand up for a group they feel they can relate to that are oppressed, or at least oppressed in the eyes of the people spearheading a movement.

Those actually oppressed do not have a voice loud enough to bring awareness to their troubles because they may be actually oppressed.

Not matter which side you stand on some of these basics points need to be realized by both sides. Not that difficult. Continuously attacking kapernick or lebron because they are rich is a nonesense argument.

Again I do not agree with everything they (pro kapernick) are putting the blame on. But I feel like this thread is full of mouth breathers on both sides and some sort of mediation is needed.
The whole basis behind the "kneeling" shitstorm has little to do with this fools concern about the oppressed.
It's about a career on the down slide, and an idiot using this to be seen/know. A "card" to pull if you will.
And THEN, a bunch of other losers jumping on the kap bandwagon..
If they were worried about inner city problems as they claim, they would use some spare time and money, which they have plenty of, to make an attempt to help. But no, **** no. They decided instead to make a spectacle of themselves, show their asses, disrespectful of police, military and the Country as a whole.
Worried about the oppressed my butt!

Rct851

Established Member
The whole basis behind the "kneeling" shitstorm has little to do with this fools concern about the oppressed.
It's about a career on the down slide, and an idiot using this to be seen/know. A "card" to pull if you will.
And THEN, a bunch of other losers jumping on the kap bandwagon..
If they were worried about inner city problems as they claim, they would use some spare time and money, which they have plenty of, to make an attempt to help. But no, **** no. They decided instead to make a spectacle of themselves, show their asses, disrespectful of police, military and the Country as a whole.
Worried about the oppressed my butt!

That’s a whole bunch of assumption on your part when it comes to his reasoning/motive

It’s also a whole bunch of false about about his/their charity contributions.

As for kneeling for the flag. I have gone to hundreds of pro sporting events. When the anthem is played there is ALWAYS chatter, lack of attention, and general disrespecting of the flag through the stadium.

Not here to argue as I do not think I’ve made a subjective point

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
So the group that supports them rolled off the couch, got off a knee, exited mom's basement and made the jaunt to a Nike outlet to show how proud they are to not be proud.

The beef is in the long term numbers. Nike has made a sacrifice here and it'll show once the dust settles.

My thoughts exactly. This is one of two things:

1. Creative reporting from Nike.

2. A small spike on a downward slope that has further to go.

Coiled03

Established Member

Don't disagree. Now, find me a group that's oppressed in this country. Not a group that's confused oppression with poor choices, unwillingness to work for what they want, unwilling to take responsibility for their actions, etc.. A group that's truly oppressed.

Hint....you won't find one. Nobody is oppressed in this country unless they choose to be.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Midgets.

At one time they were able to profit from a general sense of condescension towards them but no more. The public no longer has a desire to pay to toss them about so instead we mock what we do not understand. Those that take a knee still tower above them. The little people are oppressed like no other group in this nation's history.

Randy Newman recognized this long ago.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Again, give it time for the minorities to use up their allowances/baby Mama's money.

It's a short term trend. Perfect example is Marcus Lemonis "the owner of Camping World" taking a stand during the fallout of Parkland shooting. The stock trend is way down since he ran his mouth.
6159f5bfbb54026bf6372f4a0f56a251.jpg

It was at a High of 48 and now at 19.

Then there is Dicks. willing to take a stand, not selling to anyone under 21 and not selling assault look type rifles. Their value has dropped substantially over the last two years. People may reward a company temporarily, however they will eventually fall into their regular purchase patterns. This does hold true for people you piss off. People that get pissed seldom forget. Piss on Nike forever in my family of 8. Smoke on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It's a short term trend. Perfect example is Marcus Lemonis "the owner of Camping World" taking a stand during the fallout of Parkland shooting. The stock trend is way down since he ran his mouth.View attachment 1515751

It was at a High of 48 and now at 19.

Then there is Dicks. willing to take a stand, not selling to anyone under 21 and not selling assault look type rifles. Their value has dropped substantially over the last two years. People may reward a company temporarily, however they will eventually fall into their regular purchase patterns. This does hold true for people you piss off. People that get pissed seldom forget. Piss on Nike forever in my family of 8. Smoke on that!

...and using that theory, then the Chick-fil-a protest would have worked. The longer lines right as it started were just a fluke, and they should be closing up stores left and right....except my local store averages 150 cars an hour in their drive thru.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
...and using that theory, then the Chick-fil-a protest would have worked. The longer lines right as it started were just a fluke, and they should be closing up stores left and right....except my local store averages 150 cars an hour in their drive thru.

CF did not protest. They were vilified by the left. Get your facts straight. Let's revisit the Nike crap in 7 months. I'm willing to wager money they will be down by at least 10% from now and continue to fall. What say?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member

My guess is that they were doing that before they were boycotted and had protestors... and you’re comparing apples to lemons.

Users who are viewing this thread