No love for Wilwood Big Brake Kit

wachamberlain

Established Member
It seems alot of members here love the Brembo, Baer and Stop Tech kits.

Just wondering why no love for Wilwood BBK? You can get a 6 piston front, 4 piston rear kit all inclusive for about $2100. Cost comparison that is cheap compared to some of the other kits.

It's not a drag race or road race only set up either.

Torchy

Established Member
OP where did you see the whole kit for that price? That's a good deal.

I have the fronts and love them. DD on them, zero noises and less than half the dust as the brembos.

wachamberlain

Established Member

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Maybe it's because it's not all about how much something costs, it's about the quality of the part you're buying and the purpose behind it. I know I'm sticking with Brembo because I trust in their quality. Not only that, but I know that Willwood Calipers don't accept the same brake pads as Brembo does, therefore the selection of pads used on Willwood brakes are a LOT less than Brembo.

You get what you pay for in the aftermarket world.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
OP where did you see the whole kit for that price? That's a good deal.

I have the fronts and love them. DD on them, zero noises and less than half the dust as the brembos.

Dust is from the choice of brake pad, not the brand of brake components.
Wilwood is a good company with a quality product.

CPRsm

Wilwoods have always been great brakes. Aftermarket for these cars tends to lean towards brembo because they're factory brakes now. But we've sold Nd installed them all the way from 64 1/2 to current. Shoot me a pm with your zip if you'd like a quote to your door

Torchy

Established Member
On ebay.......I know some members don't wanna buy there, I understand that, but a deal is a deal IMO!

Wilwood Disc Brake Kit 2005 Newer Ford Mustang 13" 12" Rotors Black Calipers | eBay

Yeah the dimensions quoted in this link are wrong. I'd be leery of whats for sale in this link. The fronts are 14 inch.. not 13

Dust is from the choice of brake pad, not the brand of brake components.
Wilwood is a good company with a quality product.

Yeh thats what I meant. I'm very happy with the pads that came with the kit.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Just wondering why no love for Wilwood BBK? You can get a 6 piston front, 4 piston rear kit all inclusive for about $2100. .

Sometimes the 6-Piston Brembos can be had for a decent price for take-offs, maybe that plays a role in their "popularity"??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread