no cats????

fendawg12

Established Member
is there any thing bad about not getting the cats on your mid-pipe? i love how much deeper and louder the sound is but can it hurt my car at all?

tex00gt

Established Member
it dont hurt ur car at all, Matter fact its better for ur car as long as u mate it with a good catback unlike slp or something that has no backpresure! If u can get away with no cats, Do it!!!

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
It's illegal for the street, but like tex00gt said, if you can get away with it game on. Just expect some rasp and an appreciable volume increase.

fendawg12

Established Member
nice! yea my buddy had no cats on his 02 GT and i loved the sound a lot. well now that i know there's no harm to my car it's game on! i have the magnaflow cb now so i should be fine. thanks guys

Redfiredemon

Established Member
I have a magnaflow CB, just had a UPR offroad X-pipe installed and Love it. Still close to the same sound at idle and low rpm's but when you step on it, it barks like a mofo:rockon: Another plus is that offroad pipes are a lot cheaper, got mine for 160$ You will have a check engine light come on unless you have a programmer to disable it.

fendawg12

Established Member
yea im not sure what the regulations are here in michigan. going to do it anyway though! can't wait

BlownReptile

Established Member
Because its a straight through design. Honestly, I went the catless route, and Im happy to say Im back to being catted. Id personally reccommend going with a good catted mid and then a straight through muffler design, like the slp or borla stingers. I have the stingers, and they sound great.

RS22

Established Member
Just pop that clutch in as you roll by cops or drive in a high gear so they don't hear you!! My car is loud as shit and I always get looks from people on the street/driving but when I see the po-po I pop the clutch in and roll by sneakily and I never get a second glance unless they are simply admiring the terminator.

fendawg12

Established Member
well right now i have the magnaflow catted x with magnaflow cb's. im either going kooks or bassani on my next purchase for the headers and x-pipe so im sure it's going to sound mean as hell especially with the kenne bell at 19Ibs. oh yea and brownreptile why did you change back to catted??

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
it dont hurt ur car at all, Matter fact its better for ur car as long as u mate it with a good catback unlike slp or something that has no backpresure! If u can get away with no cats, Do it!!!

Catless is better for power regardless what catback you're running. Some combos will sound terrible together, but a catless midpipe will make more power than a catted one.

Why does slp have no back pressure?

The provide much less backpressure do to the muffler design, but thats a good thing.

bmxer89

Established Member
Catless is better for power regardless what catback you're running. Some combos will sound terrible together, but a catless midpipe will make more power than a catted one.

The provide much less backpressure do to the muffler design, but thats a good thing.

You saying a slp and catless mid is good that is what i am about to buy

Users who are viewing this thread