4.698gt

Established Member
Registered as 4.7 according the usgs in central jersey. Well that was fun

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
looks like the USGS has it at 4.8 though some sites are showing a 4.8 (left) and a 4.7 (right) near each other that went off at about the same time.
1712328986406.jpeg

Still remember back in 2011 when Prague, Oklahoma had a 5.8 and it was the first earthquake I'd ever felt and here in Kansas. Unsettling when you are used to dealing with Tornados that give you some precursors before, you learn at a young age "this feels like tornado weather" to then have everything start shaking without warning in an area where the ground seemed stable all your life... it really throws you off.

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
then have everything start shaking without warning in an area where the ground seemed stable all your life... it really throws you off.

I lived through a pretty big earthquake in CA when I was a kid. 8 dead, 200 injured. Old brick buildings collapsed and gas mains broke. I remember fleeing the house and having to sit outside for fear of our house collapsing. Window glass shatters in quakes and the shards fly like shrapnel. I could smell gas and I still recall hearing the metal handles banging on the trashcans up and down the street.

It was traumatic for just the reason you describe. You never know when they are going to hit and big quakes have aftershocks that last for days. I had trouble sleeping for a while after it hit.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My control room being on the second floor moves a little when different equipment starts and stops, could feel the quate over all of that.

MG0h3

Established Member
Only earthquake I was in hit on Easter Sunday 2010. 7.2.

I swear this isn’t the first year I’ve said there seems to be a lot of quakes around this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Been in two big ones when I was probably 5 years old and then when I was 15. First one felt like a freight train going through the house, everything violently shaking, and the other one was the 6.8 Nisqually quake and that was wild. Was under my desk at school watching the floor roll like waves, rising what felt like 2-3ft above the ground.

Been in a few smaller ones in Okinawa and California, but nothing like the Nisqually quake.

Users who are viewing this thread