Nitto NT05 Max Performance Summer Tire

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can you get a price on the NT05 in a 275/35/18, please?

Sure can, the current price is only $228.00 per tire :rockon: We now have prices on all the available sizes. I'll let everyone know when this tire is updated on our website. Until then, if you need to check on a price, let me know.

Last edited:

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
The 265/35-18s are currently priced at $219.00 each and the 295/35-18s are currently priced at $247.00 each :thumbsup: Are you running 18x9s and 18x10s?

yes I am, do you suggest a different size I have a 01 Roush stage 3

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
Matt, what is comparison on the Nitto INVO vs the NT05, for an 03 Cobra (500+RWHP)? I live in Florida and would like to have decent wet weather traction on the highways.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Matt, what is comparison on the Nitto INVO vs the NT05, for an 03 Cobra (500+RWHP)? I live in Florida and would like to have decent wet weather traction on the highways.

Well it's tough to judge the wet performance on the NT05 since it's brand new. Looking at the tread design, It should do very well in the wet since it has two wide circumferential grooves for water evacuation. The Invo has already proven to be good in wet conditions. IMO, the Invo is more of a luxury performance tire. It has a softer sidewall and a decent contact patch. I would say the Invo is comparable to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. The NT05 is certainly more geared towards dry performance and road racing. It has a stiffer sidewall and an extremely wide contact patch. This tire competes with models like the RT615 and Direzza Z1 Star Spec. Between the two models and with the amount of HP you have, I would suggest running the NT05.

fendawg12

Established Member
i have a 03 cobra with about 590 rwhp.... im obviously looking for a high performance sticky tire. last summer i ran the NT555R Drag radial and loved it alot but it wore pretty quick. do you think the NT05 is better for street racing than the NT555R?? im even thinking about the NT555RII. my question is what's my best bet haha???

fendawg12

Established Member
i meant to ask you this also.... what is the widest tire i can run on my stock 17x9 cobra rim?? looking for the most traction i can get without changing the rims.

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
Matt how does the NT05 compare to the BFG KDW in dry and wet conditions. Again assuming 500+ HP. Also how does the NT05 compare with Falken RT-615s?

RcodeStang

Established Member
--------Nitto NT05 - Full Review----------- - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

I think the perfect example to describe this tire would be RE01R Dry Grip + Goodyear GSD3 Wet Grip.

This guy seems pretty happy with them... There is another guy on the redline time attack forums running 275s all around on his EVO X for road racing and he is extremely happy with them as well. I'll be giving these tires serious consideration :rockon:

Does anyone know if they run narrow like the NT555R?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have a 03 cobra with about 590 rwhp.... im obviously looking for a high performance sticky tire. last summer i ran the NT555R Drag radial and loved it alot but it wore pretty quick. do you think the NT05 is better for street racing than the NT555R?? im even thinking about the NT555RII. my question is what's my best bet haha???

i meant to ask you this also.... what is the widest tire i can run on my stock 17x9 cobra rim?? looking for the most traction i can get without changing the rims.

The NT05 and the NT555RII will certainly be better for street racing or road courses. The NT555R Drag Radial has a softer sidewall for better forward lateral movement but is not designed for hard cornering. The NT05 and the NT555RII both have stiff sidewalls with reinforced shoulder lugs for hard corning. The NT555RII is stickier because it is DOT approved competition tire with R compound rubber. You can expect to get about the same milage out of these as you did with your drag radials, maybe a little more. If you want more life, run the NT05 but if life is not a concern, the 555RII will be a good choice. The 275/40-17 is the widest size currently available in these two models for a 9" wide wheel.

Matt how does the NT05 compare to the BFG KDW in dry and wet conditions. Again assuming 500+ HP. Also how does the NT05 compare with Falken RT-615s?

related to wet conditions, i'm referring to hydroplane resistance.

The NT05 and KDW are in two separate classes. The NT05 and RT615 are max performance summer tires and the KDW is an ultra high performance summer tire. IMO, the NT05 will have better wet traction over the RT615 but since the KDW has more circumferential grooves for water evacuation, it will have the best wet traction. But again, the KDW is in a different class that is not geared towards maximum dry traction.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
--------Nitto NT05 - Full Review----------- - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

This guy seems pretty happy with them... There is another guy on the redline time attack forums running 275s all around on his EVO X for road racing and he is extremely happy with them as well. I'll be giving these tires serious consideration :rockon:

Does anyone know if they run narrow like the NT555R?

Thanks for the link. According to Nittos spec sheet, the NT05 has a narrower section width compared to the NT555R Drag Radial.

fendawg12

Established Member
thanks a lot matt you were a ton of help man! exactly what i needed to know. I'll let you know how they hook up and perform. thanks again!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thanks a lot matt you were a ton of help man! exactly what i needed to know. I'll let you know how they hook up and perform. thanks again!

Great! We need all the reviews we can get. So far I have only sold rear fitments. Who's going to step up and run a set on all four corners?

Users who are viewing this thread