Nitto NT05 Max Performance Summer Tire

garner

Established Member
Man I love the reviews on these but the closest to stock height for 18" wheels are the 275/40/18. I know it isn't ideal to put these on a 8.5" wide wheel, but is there any corporate policy against a store mounting them?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Man I love the reviews on these but the closest to stock height for 18" wheels are the 275/40/18. I know it isn't ideal to put these on a 8.5" wide wheel, but is there any corporate policy against a store mounting them?

We will only install tires on wheels that fall within our approved rim width recommendations. The minimum width wheel we suggest for the 275/40R-18 NT05 is 9 inches, with 9.5" being most ideal.

Have you considered new wheels?

garner

Established Member
We will only install tires on wheels that fall within our approved rim width recommendations. The minimum width wheel we suggest for the 275/40R-18 NT05 is 9 inches, with 9.5" being most ideal.

Have you considered new wheels?

I have thought about new wheels but those are a few months out as far as budget goes. I just really want these yk580 off my car, sketchy in the rain and seem "greasy" with this Texas heat

jpk

Established Member
How come the NT05 are always out of stock for the stock 275/40/17 stock '04 Mustang Cobra fitment?! Been waiting forever to order some!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How come the NT05 are always out of stock for the stock 275/40/17 stock '04 Mustang Cobra fitment?! Been waiting forever to order some!

I'm not sure what specifically caused the delay but I just got off the line with Nitto and they are projecting the 275/40R-17 NT05 will be available towards the end of October.

BamBam650

Established Member
I know this is a really old thread, but I'm hoping someone in the know will be able to provide some guidance for me. I currently have Shelby Alcoa 20x10 forged wheels with Michelin 275/35-20 Pilot Super Sports on the rear of my GT500. I am looking run a Nitto NT05 315/35-20 on widened BMC Black Mamba wheels since they will match the Alcoa wheels. I need better traction so that’s why I want to go with a wider stickier tire. I can easily break my current tires loose from a roll-on in third gear. I can't bring myself to sending my SA wheels out to be cut up and widened. My question is what is the optimum rim width for this particular tire? The Nitto website gives a range from 10.5” – 12.5”. Since I need to get the wheels widened I want to make sure I specify the optimum rim width.

PS - my car only sees street use on dry pavement. Is there a better tire I should be looking at?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread