Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lg.nit.logo.gif

nithz1.ang.jpg

NITTO NT05
UTQG: 200 AA, A (All Sizes)

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the Nitto NT05

The new Nitto NT05 is a maximum performance tire that was developed using advanced computer simulation and extensive on-track testing. These development methods along with rigorous quality standards help produce a street tire that provides precise and responsive handling and performance

TECHNOLOGY

- Reinforced shoulder tread blocks provide exceptional rigidity and stability

- The continuous center rib consistently provides optimum tread contact with the road to maximize dry performance

- The specifically formulated tread compound and reinforced internal construction emphasizes dry road response, traction, handling, and high speed capabilities

NT05-1.jpg

NT05-3.jpg

NT05-2.jpg

57_e3a8352f201b45a48807096465c37275.jpg

Nitto released the familiar NT555 over 10 years ago, and set the standards for UHP tires with its class leading contact patch and superior grip.

Seeing the evolution of contemporary performance cars, Nitto created the NT05 for higher horsepower cars looking for more of everything. The NT05 has an all-new tread compound that enhances traction, a large continuous center rib which increases the contact patch and reinforced shoulder blocks. All the new NT05 features translate in to real numbers*: 38% more cornering force and 34% more lateral stiffness compared to the NT555. Those are numbers you will feel through the steering wheel with quicker response, crisper turn-in, and improved grip.

REVIEWS

MEDIA

Click the image below to view the NT05 introduction VIDEO.

NT05VIDEO-1.jpg

If you are running the NT05, post your review here along with a picture or two - we (as well as Nitto) would love to read them.

Last edited:

KazooGS-T

Established Member
I noticed the tire on another site and saw they offered a 275/40-17 AND a 315/35-17. If the pricing is good, I might buy some next go around. Keep us updated Matt.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nitto is definitely going to build both the 275/40-17 and 315/35-17 in this model. I'll pass along any information that comes my way.

Here's a link with the projected sizes.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Looks great, but purchased my last set of Nitto's a few months ago...one of my DRs is warped within 500 miles....some other guy has had problems with them too...not sure if it was a bad batch but I wrote Nitto a letter...haven't heard back

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks great, but purchased my last set of Nitto's a few months ago...one of my DRs is warped within 500 miles....some other guy has had problems with them too...not sure if it was a bad batch but I wrote Nitto a letter...haven't heard back

That's not cool. I've never heard of these tires warping before. Let us all know what Nitto says.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Never had a problem with Nittos. I have had 2 sets of DR. One in 17" and the other in 18". I was very happy with both. I also run the 555s on the front.

I just saw an advertisement for the NT05. Looks like a great sticky street tire. They will definitely be on my list for that. As far as autox or OT I would stick with the 555R2 or the NT01. I honestly wish they would come out with something a little stickier than those for OT.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so where is the nt05 supposed to sit application and performance-wise compared with the 555r2 and the nt-01?

The Nitto NT05 is not an R compound tire like the 555R2 and NT01. The tire is softer than the 555 Extreme Performace and falls under the category of max summer performance. This tire was designed to compete with the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R and Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec (to name a couple).

Last edited:

snake_handler

Established Member
I talked to a guy at the PRI show this past weekend who drove one of the show cars up to the show on the NT05, he said they were way better than the NT555 and felt great. He was driving a Steeda car.

Venom04

Established Member
Looks like a real nice tire. I'm hoping to put all four all the way around for the ultimate street performance. From what I've read these are meant for the street mainly right?

Users who are viewing this thread