Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

boostedoval

Established Member
My eye's are bleeding. Don't let him get a cobra

He already had a redfire with a fully built block because he blew it before. The car had a kb 2.8 making 650 on blower and he had a dry shot on top. He was scared of my ported/spray setup and would insist that I not spray him when we raced. Now he wants to build an 03 cobra "race car" and he thinks that a turbo feeding a kb 2.8 will be the fastest car on the streets

green96ta

Established Member
blah

I think the GT500s look great, but I would have to agree that the Terminator cobras are generally faster....Me vs. Modded GT500

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8RhaQgM0_M"]YouTube - Lt1 Trans am 150 shot vs. 2011 GT500.[/nomedia]

tktlwyr

Established Member
I think the GT500s look great, but I would have to agree that the Terminator cobras are generally faster....Me vs. Modded GT500

YouTube - Lt1 Trans am 150 shot vs. 2011 GT500.

Uh, I think you mean quicker. As for faster, it looked like after you tree'd him (on sticky tires?) , he was flying up pretty fast and had you by about 9 mph at the end of the quarter? Yeah, he's slow. :rollseyes

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Uh, I think you mean quicker. As for faster, it looked like after you tree'd him (on sticky tires?) , he was flying up pretty fast and had you by about 9 mph at the end of the quarter? Yeah, he's slow. :rollseyes

LOL +1

I'd like to see that 114mph LT1 on 20inch street tires.

Sent using Tapatalk

jcveron

Established Member
"Yes guys i am getting rip off the zo6 because it cracked the block,,

I rather buy it cheap Cobra and built the shit out of it and make over 1000RWHP and not worry about the block cracking or something like that,, specially a 43 + K$$$ car like the z06 i have.. so that's where i Stand Now>>>> mustang Cobra fully built kenne bell and turbo it's the way to go , if it blows up 2k will fix your cobra if you do the labor yourself, i'll let Nory follow up with this Comment he knows what i am talkng about..

And yes i am in the look for a 03/04 Terminator,, i am only looking to spend not more than 15k Cash, Because i still need to buy the mass of bolt ons and CP internals; so if anyone knows about a cheap cobra please hit me with the info anytime>>> one more thing No Fake Cobras or clones, they Are Not In My Menu..."

if that actually came out of the owner of the Z's mouth then thats gonna be a hard pill to swallow for the GM guys.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Yes this is an old thread.. But looking back, many of you were missing one important aspect of this race. If you read Hutnem's post that I quoted below, you will see the GT500 raced the Z a few times, before the video clips that were posted on this thread were recorded.

Its very important to realize that after the GT500 races a few times, HEAT SOAK sets in on the blower, and he is making NO WHERE near 700 at the wheels. Probably losing in the neighborhood of 75-100 rwhp.

I cant tell you how many times that I have seen ZO6 drivers, bate the GT500 drivers into false starts, or some kind of excuse to get the GT500 to go WOT to get the supercharger all heated up. The Z drivers record the race after the GT500 blower is all heated up. You GT500 drivers have to be smarter than this!! IF the Z06 screws the first race up, and bates you into racing a few moments later.. Dont race him again for quite a while. Give your car time to cool down.. like 5 mins.

You just have to watch out for heat soak!

The Vette rolled out, but I guess no one watched the video posted by the GT500 showing the same race? YouTube - SlowWhiteShelby VS ThepunisherZ06
The first race the GT500 honked 3 times and hit it and the vette didn't move (or either didn't come up fast enough to get in the camera's view). The next races the Vette took off after TWO honks NOT THREE!:nono: The GT500 was waiting to take off on the 3rd honk, so that's why he was sitting still when the vette left. Doesn't mean the GT500 would've won the race, but it definitely wouldn't have been the results that were showed from the Vette's camera. If someone with that much power takes the hit you stand NO CHANCE at running them down. I'd like to see a them race with BOTH cars taking off on the 3rd honk and see what the difference is then!

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Yes this is an old thread.. But looking back, many of you were missing one important aspect of this race. If you read Hutnem's post that I quoted below, you will see the GT500 raced the Z a few times, before the video clips that were posted on this thread were recorded.

Its very important to realize that after the GT500 races a few times, HEAT SOAK sets in on the blower, and he is making NO WHERE near 700 at the wheels. Probably losing in the neighborhood of 75-100 rwhp.

I cant tell you how many times that I have seen ZO6 drivers, bate the GT500 drivers into false starts, or some kind of excuse to get the GT500 to go WOT to get the supercharger all heated up. The Z drivers record the race after the GT500 blower is all heated up. You GT500 drivers have to be smarter than this!! IF the Z06 screws the first race up, and bates you into racing a few moments later.. Dont race him again for quite a while. Give your car time to cool down.. like 5 mins.

Thanks for the good idea! Next time Iam racing a GT500 I will make sure to be a AHOLE and not go the first 5 times and than go on the 6th time. Really dude, do you really think people do this? :dw:

redline

Established Member

or keep racing the z06 til he cracks his block bahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:rolling:

exdeath

Established Member
Holy necro zombie invasion!

I love how Z owners are so conceited about how the GT500 needs 200 HP more to keep up and how they act innocent to the weight difference. Watch this:

"Yeah just like you Z owners need 400 more HP to keep up with a bike with only 200 HP? Crappy Chevy, if my bike had 600 HP... blah blah blah"

Perspective is a bitch isn't it?

Sorry some of us have taste and want a little style and utility to our cars than just an age old carbon copied wind tunnel designed hollow resin wedge, even if it is a slightly slower. It's about different cars and tastes, if it wasn't, you'd be driving a 25 lb shopping cart with an aero kit and 700 HP, or a 2500 lb Fox with a built motor instead of your slow heavy 3200 lb Vette. But you wanted to say you have a Corvette instead, so here we are.

Perspective is a bitch.

"super cars" are boring. Anybody with enough money can spend $70k-$1 million to make a lab perfect wedge out of paper mache in a wind tunnel and throw a 7L motor in it and expect it to be fast. No fawking shit, thats why all those cars, Vettes, Lambos, Ferraris, all the same basic boring tried and true lab perfect formula. Taking an "ordinary" street car and making it fast is more exciting and is true muscle car spirit.

FYI I don't like Vettes or GT500s, more specifically the majority of the stuck up crowd that owns them.

You talk to guys with ratty ass F bodies, Mustangs, Hondas, etc, and they will talk about what they've done, what they want to do, show you things they did themselves, and they are proud of inventive makeshift things they did to do things, etc. It's all about the cars and the hobby.

You talk to Vette guys and 99% of them just want you to know that it has 400 HP (and various other stock things memorized from the brochure) and most importantly they emphasize that it cost $60,000 while puffing up their chest through a cloud of cigar smoke. You talk to GT 500 guys and 99% of them have never had a Mustang before, they just want to to know that it's a Shelby (cool story bro, Shelby had dick to do with that car, hes a washed out has been sell out that just puts his name on shit now like Lucas) and that it cost them $60,000. It's not about the cars, but about epeening wallet size. Most of the car shows these days you just buy your trophy, they give it to whoever spent the most at the biggest hollywood botique shop with the most expensive gaudiest Foose wheels, and they give it to the puffed up owner who can't even change his own oil.

/soapbox

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread