Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

exdeath

Established Member
Yeah the Vettes have no style LOL. Put down the Hatorade.

Yeah I can't trade/sell an 06 Avalon and 03 KB Cobra to afford a Z06 and a $500 bottle of nitrous without spending a dime of cash, total hatorade on my part. :rollseyes :lol1:

A wedge is a wedge is a wedge. A stylish wedge for sure, but still a paper mache wedge like every other "super car There is only so much you can do when the wind tunnel dictates your basic design. Boooooorrrrrrinnnng.

If I have hatorade for anything it's the attitude.

"har har your 4000 lb 4 seat full size car loaded with entertainment system and large trunk and luxurious seats and 100 miles of leg room sux needs 100 HP more to keep up with a 2 seat hollow paper wedge sports car"

No shit sherlock, you want a cookie? :bored:

And the same person bragging about beating 700 HP cars with a 500 HP car and expect props for it, but then when a 400 HP 1800 lb Honda spanks him under the same principle and asks why he cant keep up with 100 more HP and turns the table, then it's "oh well you're in a Honda and I'm in a Corvette so you suck anyway."

Thats my only beef with this thread that got me ranting really: the conceit and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
I think you got raped by too many Vettes lol.

Have yet to run into one that wasn't stock and didn't just ride my ass showing me how awesome his fancy HIDs are then turn off without wanting to line up, or swerving through traffic like an idiot trying to run away. Thanks for caring though.

But I see and hear about dozens of stock base C6 parking lot trophies every day at work and how they are the fastest and most expensive thing in the world. :lol1: I try to talk about cars with them just to be nice and not be judgemental but sure enough I end up banging my head into a wall as I get blank stares and realize they don't know anything about their own car. If you say you had 400 HP and now you have 450 because you added a K&N, I'm just going to walk away shaking my head. They think having a Corvette ball cap and Corvette calander at their desk makes them an expert on Corvettes and makes them a legit "car guy". The confused look when you try to explain wheel horsepower vs brochure horsepower is like trying to explain to a religious person that his religion is BS. God help you if you try to tell them how much power a car other than a Corvette can make without them pulling up Wikipedia or Edmunds to prove you wrong...

It's not that I don't like the cars themselves, I regularly defend them from 14 yr old Jermey Clarkson wanna be Veyron worshipping Eurobitches when they start mouthing off about pushrods and leaf springs like idiots. But in my circumstance most who have them bought them for status, not because they are into great cars. That's the attitude I'm picking up on here when someone here talks smack about a heavier car needing more power to keep up like it's some kind of revelation or secret Chevy exclusive magic forumla. They make out like it's a Chevy vs Ford thing or superior engineering or something. No dumbshit, lighter car needs less power, it's that simple, I don't give a shit who makes it.

Forgive me if I expect better from an enthusiast website, that's all.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I ran a stock reg c6 conv in my 03 w just pulley on a dig. Took 3rd gear due to wheelspin, so they are not slouches. A guy here w a magnusum c6 zo6 runs mid 10's at like 135 mph, brutal at 8# boost. 700+whp and light as a angel food cake. He's the guy that has the quickest 04 cobra in nation. 8.40's at 157... Was vortech ysi now a turbo w now a th400.

Good runs indeed imo. I don't care, better than getting beat by a gtr.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Have yet to run into one that wasn't stock and didn't just ride my ass showing me how awesome his fancy HIDs are then turn off without wanting to line up, or swerving through traffic like an idiot trying to run away. Thanks for caring though.

But I see and hear about dozens of stock base C6 parking lot trophies every day at work and how they are the fastest and most expensive thing in the world. :lol1: I try to talk about cars with them just to be nice and not be judgemental but sure enough I end up banging my head into a wall as I get blank stares and realize they don't know anything about their own car. If you say you had 400 HP and now you have 450 because you added a K&N, I'm just going to walk away shaking my head. They think having a Corvette ball cap and Corvette calander at their desk makes them an expert on Corvettes and makes them a legit "car guy". The confused look when you try to explain wheel horsepower vs brochure horsepower is like trying to explain to a religious person that his religion is BS. God help you if you try to tell them how much power a car other than a Corvette can make without them pulling up Wikipedia or Edmunds to prove you wrong...

It's not that I don't like the cars themselves, I regularly defend them from 14 yr old Jermey Clarkson wanna be Veyron worshipping Eurobitches when they start mouthing off about pushrods and leaf springs like idiots. But in my circumstance most who have them bought them for status, not because they are into great cars. That's the attitude I'm picking up on here when someone here talks smack about a heavier car needing more power to keep up like it's some kind of revelation or secret Chevy exclusive magic forumla. They make out like it's a Chevy vs Ford thing or superior engineering or something. No dumbshit, lighter car needs less power, it's that simple, I don't give a shit who makes it.

Forgive me if I expect better from an enthusiast website, that's all.

I just wanted to see how many paragraphs I could make you type.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
From what I can tell there wasn't one because the idiot blew the Z up. Having both cars and a previous 08 Z (should have kept that one) they do not love nitrous. Most that are spraying them use it sparringly and efficiently. You don't spray a Z through the gear box because you are asking to blow the motor. Those that are lasting only spray when necessary and normally in the lower gears to quickly get through that gear. Spraying through the gear box creates some serious cyclinder pressure and over the long run cracks blocks, burns through pistons, even twists rods.

When I use to race the 08 I had, I would spray 2nd and 3rd gear to keep the other cars from getting to far out. Most of the time I could come around by the top of 3rd gear and get off the gas and let the motor work. Not a die hard GM fan, no matter the car, it's hard to run with a Z from 4th gear on. If your spraying through 4th gear your asking for problems. The time in 4th is to long a spray interval. You lose bottle pressure, create cyclinder pressure, and run the risk of spiking the tune. Most have a window switch to richen the car under WOT. Spraying 2nd - 4th on a 150 or larger shot is begging to blow the car up.

Users who are viewing this thread