Nitorous System Safe or No

ocwhitetermi04

Established Member
hey guys i have a 04 cobra with
2.8 pulley
jlt intake
bassani catback
bassani OR X-pipe
i was Wondering can i install a nitrous system in it? Would it be safe? and How much Shot would be best?
thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Excellent links! I'm going to add those to my Terminator FAQs.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I used to run a 100 dry shot with a ported Eaton 2.95/4lb w/LTs.
Power was 517/510 and 615/665 on spray.
The set up worked great and got me a best of 10.45@134 in my heavy full weight vert.
With a good tune and some octane you will be fine and have a blast.

ocwhitetermi04

Established Member
hey guys any know a general price lisiting for any nitrous kits so i can get an idea???
ive seen plenty of cobra run nitrous havent really heard of any intakes being blown or what not but FYI:
if there ever was problems can u guys post a link i would like to see the common problems thanks....

MalcolmV8

Established Member
if i get a nitrous kit installed would i need to get a RETUNE on my car? just curious

Sort of. Let me explain. On a dry shot absolutely as your injectors need to squirt more fuel. On a wet shot you have additional jets supplying the fuel.
However timing needs to be pulled. A good guide line is 1 degree of timing per 50 shot for a starting point.

Now with that said what I'm doing is a wet shot so no tune change and I'm using this Vampire knock detection box for timing changes

J&S Vampire

This means no tune changes for me. The Vampire box has a nitrous option. You just flick a switch and it pulls X degrees of timing. You configure it. I MUCH prefer this to putting on a new tune every time I want to spray. It essentially meant I hardly ever sprayed because it was a PITA.

Now it's as quick as flip a switch and timing is pulled and off I go. Not to mention the knock detection capabilities and automatic timing retard of the box alone is worth its weight in gold!

Just bare in mind timing and fuel must be taken care of when you spray whether you do it in tune or how I explained above like me, just take care of them or you will have some major problems like a blown motor.

Users who are viewing this thread