Nice to see these cars are still wanted.

termeh3

Established Member
Just purchased my first terminator a few days ago. Its an 03 with 38K miles and i love it. My father use to have a 99 cobra convertible but he sold it to eventually get a terminator and 4 years we finally got one (father and son car). Car is pretty well stock and its pretty bad the way it is. I'd like to do a smaller pulley and a few other bolt ons down the road to get it over 500rwhp. Seems fairly easy to attain with these cars.

codygarb66

Established Member
These cars are something special. I don't know if anyone else ever hears this but I get a lot of people that tell me "I don't like mustangs but I'd definitely own a terminator." That really says a lot about these cars in terms of the respect that they receive.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
These cars are something special. I don't know if anyone else ever hears this but I get a lot of people that tell me "I don't like mustangs but I'd definitely own a terminator." That really says a lot about these cars in terms of the respect that they receive.

Guys- whether you drive them, store them, show them, beat them.. they are something special. I've owned a fair share of cars over the years, mainly 68-70 Plymouth Road Runners, an 87 GN, an 04 CO Mach 1, and a couple of foxes. 03/04 Cobras will enjoy a moderate value over time. They are now. They are the finest limited production example of the 99-04 New Edge design and the last of the 'power horses' to leave Dearborn Assy before it was demolished. A purpose built, end of era (99-04) limited run of SC Mustangs is noteworthy. That said, the terminator is not going to be in the same league as a '71 Hemi Cuda convertible, but the collectability of era cars tend to age-out of the hobby along with their enthusiasts. For example, who is buying 20's and 30's cars at primo prices anymore? Many good examples go for what, 10-15k? Unless its a Bugatti, it aint happening. My 68 year old father has a 32 Chevy stock and let me tell you- Its a nice car for a museum. I wouldn't own it and its a train wreck to drive. I think the market is still enjoying a fair amount of activity on late 50's and 60's cars. However, when those enthusiasts who identified with those cars growing up, age out of the hobby, then cars like the 86/87GN, 03/04Cobra, fox, 03/04 Mach1, SS Camaros, WS6 etc will be the next band of sought after cars. Its not because they are better than old muscle (many are), but its because of the era/ age of the enthusiast. 03/04 Cobra will be a niche collector car in future years.

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
I'm trying to decide on a GT500 or 03-04 Cobra right now! I've never owned either, just Foxbodies and a couple 428 Cobra Jet Mach1's and Torino's (that I should have never sold, but life happens). It seems the Terminator prices are steady or rising slightly recently. I mean, I don't know what they are selling for but the asking prices are definitely higher. Same with the GT500's. Asking prices are high. But, I can still buy two nice Terminators for the price of a 11 or 12 GT500! So, after reading this thread, I'm leaning toward a Terminator, now. But, either way, nothing like a supercharged Mustang from the factory!

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
It is truth, but not everyone gets enjoyment just from driving. My car is a garage queen and I love it. Yeah, it gets driven and I'm not afraid of driving it hard... but it goes out of the garage, sees some curves and a little pedal, goes home and gets a quick detail and covered in the garage.

I get more enjoyment by driving it and keeping it clean than I would from daily driving it. I don't expect to keep it as an heirloom, I might sell it soon... but I do care for my cars like I intend to keep them for 20 years. I have had my Cobra for 10+ and it is still an amazing car.

I'm gonna be in the market soon. I am selling my townhouse and moving into a house soon and after that it's on. Townhouse going for sale in a month or two tops. I'm gonna keep you in mind for sure. Hope you still have it then.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Can't help but express. though I will be flamed, that its disappointing there are people out there still concerned about the 'value' of these cars.

These 03-04s are cars that should be owned with the express purpose of modifying and enjoying to the tilt!

127k on mine. Expose it to all the elements. Its a lot more trouble these days than it used to be. But man, you ain't making a big profit on these. And you have issue if you think these things are fragile. Have abused and it enjoyed this piece of metal with for rubber tires. John Coletti needs to find someone who wants to drive across country, so he can slap owners upside their face, who are passing these things off like family heirlooms or are trying to position themselves to sell them for a profit.

This was not the vision of John Coletti.

Your posts always make me laugh.........

bottom line, you get back what you put in. Me? 19k, pullied...tuned and STILL on the stock battery and alt. I have had zero issues with the car , mostly because I don't beat the bag out of it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Guys- whether you drive them, store them, show them, beat them.. they are something special. I've owned a fair share of cars over the years, mainly 68-70 Plymouth Road Runners, an 87 GN, an 04 CO Mach 1, and a couple of foxes. 03/04 Cobras will enjoy a moderate value over time. They are now. They are the finest limited production example of the 99-04 New Edge design and the last of the 'power horses' to leave Dearborn Assy before it was demolished. A purpose built, end of era (99-04) limited run of SC Mustangs is noteworthy. That said, the terminator is not going to be in the same league as a '71 Hemi Cuda convertible, but the collectability of era cars tend to age-out of the hobby along with their enthusiasts. For example, who is buying 20's and 30's cars at primo prices anymore? Many good examples go for what, 10-15k? Unless its a Bugatti, it aint happening. My 68 year old father has a 32 Chevy stock and let me tell you- Its a nice car for a museum. I wouldn't own it and its a train wreck to drive. I think the market is still enjoying a fair amount of activity on late 50's and 60's cars. However, when those enthusiasts who identified with those cars growing up, age out of the hobby, then cars like the 86/87GN, 03/04Cobra, fox, 03/04 Mach1, SS Camaros, WS6 etc will be the next band of sought after cars. Its not because they are better than old muscle (many are), but its because of the era/ age of the enthusiast. 03/04 Cobra will be a niche collector car in future years.

solid post, and good point about the age thing. I remember reading once that enthusiasts tend to identify with cars that they could see on the road when they were growing up as children. for example, I was born in the early 60s so I became infatuated with late 60s muscle, esp mopars that I saw on the streets from the time I was about 5 - 10years old. I still am! lol. so it's possible that the kids who we see pointing at our cars as we're driving will be the same ones who'll be wanting these mustangs when they're old enough and can afford to buy them as toys.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
I bought my 04 in the summer of '05. It was just traded in, with what you'd consider high miles for it's age. 16k miles. I made the huge mistake of selling it in 09 with 30k on it. I paid $27,900 in 05, sold it in 09 for $25,600. I was at the dealer to buy the still new Mach 1 they had just located and shipped in. As soon as I pulled it, I saw the owners plates being pulled off the 04 Cobra and I gave up my deposit on the Mach and went home that afternoon with the Cobra.

I had some personal issues in 09 that pushed me to sell my Terminator. I thought it was the right thing to do. I bought a wrecked 04 GTO to mod & a motorcycle with the cash from the sale. I loved the new toys, but I regretted ever getting rid of my Terminator. It drove me crazy that I ever thought it was a good idea to sell it. Few years later I came back to SVTP trying to locate the car. I learned after I sold it, it had been in a wreck only 31 miles after selling it & was purchased by someone on SVTP who parts out wrecked Terminators. I took incredible care of that car...his comments to me were it was the cleanest Terminator he has seen. Want to talk about some hurt feelings?

Then last summer/early fall, I decided I was going to buy another Terminator, come hell or high water. I had blown a lot of money last year on all my toys and didn't have a huge cash budget...and I had been lurking, watching Terminator sales locally and was seeing a trend upwards in pricing. I ended up renting a trailer & driving 6 hours away to buy the right Terminator from a member here on SVTP. Car shippers jerked me around, wasted my time, wasted my money, and wasted the poor sellers time trying to sell his car to me. I own a business and can't take much personal time. It took almost a 3 weeks after paying for the car to get the damn thing home. Thank god the seller was more worried about who the next owner was, than grabbing as much cash as he could (and should've) for his Terminator. I paid a lot less than market value....and for that I will always be grateful to the seller.

Users who are viewing this thread