Nice to see these cars are still wanted.

stangfreak

Established Member
My bro-in-law stopped by a few weeks ago in his '08 shelby, a very nice low 16k mile muscle car with TF rims, and honestly, it's no contest IMO. The terminators clearly remain one of the best ford mustangs of all time. It just has that uniquely compact, squatty and wide look to it that cannot be duplicated by other models...even after putting lowering springs (he has coil overs) and high dollar rims. Other muscle cars (gm included) are just large in size versus these terminators

IMG_4613.jpg

terminator hands down

stangfreak

Established Member
The value has steadily declined, much less than most cars though. Which means that the demand is likely decreasing or the value wouldn't be falling.

I hope that the future will bring steady prices and that we are seeing rock bottom right now. I can't see it going too far down because honestly we are at bottom dollar for the amount of performance.

I'd like to think it will be on par with 93 Cobras in a few years, but honestly the 93 Cobra production numbers were 10% of the 03/04.

Either way, value is in the eye of the beholder and 15-20K is an absolute steal for the average Cobra. I am considering keeping mine just because I don't want to part with such an iconic car.

These are iconic cars. I really don't care about the money value. I know I can get a good amount of money for my cobra. 03 cobra with 15,000 miles and its fairly mint. garage kept all the time.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
These are iconic cars. I really don't care about the money value. I know I can get a good amount of money for my cobra. 03 cobra with 15,000 miles and its fairly mint. garage kept all the time.

And that is how it should be.

To defend my point, low mile, excellent condition cars were going for upper 20's 5 years ago, today they are more like 24-25k. The average 50k mile car 5 years ago was going for around 20, these days the numbers are dipping closer to 17K.
I know because I have been shopping cars and considering selling mine. The problem is, if I am only going to get 20k for it, I'd rather just keep it at this point.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Hay Alex! Mine is going know where also! Original owner with lots of mods!still under 7000 miles Entered the GT500 vs Terminator shoot out April 28-May 1@ Maple Grove hope to see some of you guys there!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And that is how it should be.

To defend my point, low mile, excellent condition cars were going for upper 20's 5 years ago, today they are more like 24-25k. The average 50k mile car 5 years ago was going for around 20, these days the numbers are dipping closer to 17K.
I know because I have been shopping cars and considering selling mine. The problem is, if I am only going to get 20k for it, I'd rather just keep it at this point.
Well I bought mine back in 2010 with 20k miles for 19,500. Car was nearly stock. I see ones with twice the miles going for the same price I paid for mine 6 years ago!

Can't help but express. though I will be flamed, that its disappointing there are people out there still concerned about the 'value' of these cars.

These 03-04s are cars that should be owned with the express purpose of modifying and enjoying to the tilt!

127k on mine. Expose it to all the elements. Its a lot more trouble these days than it used to be. But man, you ain't making a big profit on these. And you have issue if you think these things are fragile. Have abused and it enjoyed this piece of metal with for rubber tires. John Coletti needs to find someone who wants to drive across country, so he can slap owners upside their face, who are passing these things off like family heirlooms or are trying to position themselves to sell them for a profit.

This was not the vision of John Coletti.

dom418

Established Member
The Terminator has the best body imo of any stang. The new ones are nice but are too big imo. Value wise they have always done great and will continue to do so.

The Terminator has a timeless style....but the interior, not so much. Other than the seats my gripe as always been the cheap interior. When I sit in a new car and get back in the 04 it's nuts how plain it is

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Can't help but express. though I will be flamed, that its disappointing there are people out there still concerned about the 'value' of these cars.

These 03-04s are cars that should be owned with the express purpose of modifying and enjoying to the tilt!

127k on mine. Expose it to all the elements. Its a lot more trouble these days than it used to be. But man, you ain't making a big profit on these. And you have issue if you think these things are fragile. Have abused and it enjoyed this piece of metal with for rubber tires. John Coletti needs to find someone who wants to drive across country, so he can slap owners upside their face, who are passing these things off like family heirlooms or are trying to position themselves to sell them for a profit.

This was not the vision of John Coletti.

It is truth, but not everyone gets enjoyment just from driving. My car is a garage queen and I love it. Yeah, it gets driven and I'm not afraid of driving it hard... but it goes out of the garage, sees some curves and a little pedal, goes home and gets a quick detail and covered in the garage.

I get more enjoyment by driving it and keeping it clean than I would from daily driving it. I don't expect to keep it as an heirloom, I might sell it soon... but I do care for my cars like I intend to keep them for 20 years. I have had my Cobra for 10+ and it is still an amazing car.

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I forgot the last time I started my Mystichrome... Maybe 6 months now? I love keeping it pristine, it's like I'm not ****ing my wife for the next guy. But Atleast I got a trophy wife.. And car! Lmao

autumnstang97

gigidy
Established Member
I have a personal connection with the terminator. I got into Mustangs around 1996, so I've always been into the modular 4.6L stuff, and still am. (My brain is still between 1996-2004)

My neighbor growing up has a 1996 Mystic Cobra. I thought it was the coolest thing, and I still think It's the coolest. He in fact still has it, and I wound say it's around a 9/10 both in and out. He is very anal about his cars. I remember going over there talking about stangs and what not and he would always tell me to be careful when I was near it.

Any how, being a subscriber to MM&FF magazine, even before owning Mustabgs, I remember reading about the 2003 Cobra in magazines before even ever seeing one. I thought the coolest thing I ever read about was the Terminator.

One day after coming home from School with my brother in 2004 (we graduated in 2004) my mother told me, "hey go over and see Mike, he wants you to stop by"

So I go over, and he's got a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra inside of his garage. Even right now thinking about it as I write this, I get all worked up and excited. He opens the hood, and shows me the motor and the interior leather. And I had just read about the mystichrome Cobra in a MM&FF a few weeks prior to him getting it. Of course all the mods are going through my head as if I owned one...but man that was the coolest thing I ever saw. Then, Jan of 2005, I bought my first Mustang, a 1997 Mustang GT Convertible in Autumn Orange. I bought a 2005 GT in 2007, then I bought my first terminator, a 2003 Black convertible in 2008. (And a GT500 in 2009) I sold the termi and GT500 in 2010 to limit my toys but I regret not keeping the termi. I told myself that it was okay bc it was high miles and the previous owner did some things to it and didn't take much care of it, and that I will get another one. My neighbor has since sold his 2004 Mystichrome, which he offered to me before trading it in for a 2013 Grand Sport Corvette, but I couldn't buy it at the time. I regret that too. Even today, with a wife and kids, every time I see a 2003/2004 Cobra I get into a panic and starting thinking of what I can sell to buy one. The 2003/2004 Cobra takes me back to my youth (as well as my 1997 Autumn Orange GT, which is the only Mustang I still have, and will always have it since it was my first Stang.

My wife has a 2002 V6, and I threw on some OEM Chrome 03 Cobras I had from when I had my 03 Snake.

Once we get settled into our new house, I told my wife I will find the right 03/04 Cobra, and I will buy it. I will pass on every other Stang out there, but the terminator is what I want and can't wait to pick up one again..the right one.

You can't give my a new GT or Shelby, or anything...the Termi is what I want and I will get one again soon.
Sorry I had to type this lengthy post

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I remember back in 03 or 04 seeing my dream Termi. It was a DSG vert with a roll bar and some huge meats out back. When it was driving away it emitted the most sexiest V8 sound ever. I said to myself someday I want to have that exact color Cobra. Years later I found a 03 DSG vert with only 37K on it. The dealer was asking 19900 for it. I offered 18900 and he took it. Its been over two years since I have had this car and I have to say this is the BEST Mustang I have ever owned. I sold my 2011 GT for this car and couldn't be happier with it. It is just amazing that this is a 13 year old car and it is still considered one of they fastest Mustangs and is still quite capable of embarrassing newer high horsepower cars. This car is a true keeper! :beer:

Hybbs

Established Member
I bought my 04 Cobra 2 years ago. It was pretty stock with about 30k miles. Talked the guy down to 19k. I wouldn't trade it for anything...

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I remember back in 03 or 04 seeing my dream Termi. It was a DSG vert with a roll bar and some huge meats out back. When it was driving away it emitted the most sexiest V8 sound ever. I said to myself someday I want to have that exact color Cobra. Years later I found a 03 DSG vert with only 37K on it. The dealer was asking 19900 for it. I offered 18900 and he took it. Its been over two years since I have had this car and I have to say this is the BEST Mustang I have ever owned. I sold my 2011 GT for this car and couldn't be happier with it. It is just amazing that this is a 13 year old car and it is still considered one of they fastest Mustangs and is still quite capable of embarrassing newer high horsepower cars. This car is a true keeper! :beer:

I fell in love with this one at the fabulous ford show in 2004 but it was too late, but I have no regrets.

YebQvTtl.jpg

jm35ny

Established Member
They are def classics, there many other cars i like too, but the 03-04 is a special car

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I traded in my 03 Sonic Blue Terminator and bought my 04 Mystichrome off the Showroom floor at McCafferty Ford in Langhorne PA, on Jan 19, 2004. I drive it to shows and meets six months out the year and the rest of time, it sits off the ground. At 5,464 miles the car isn't broken in yet and I get plenty of offers to buy it. When my time comes to take a dirt nap, the car will change hands. I enjoy driving it, wrenching it and being able to go down to the garage and just look at it. I've owned a lot of cars over the last 50 years and I can honestly say that there is nothing like getting in the Cobra and firing her up. Instant torque, loud exhaust and blower whine is motor head heaven.

Getting ready to wake up in a few weeks.

Cobra%203-19-2016%20003_zpsjgkfb2e0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread