Nice Orange Peel Ford!

roberthamm

Established Member
Taken directly from the ford website - Think they would have checked for orange peel before taking high res pics of the 2015... lol

1470041_10151755207100723_700001437_n.jpg

And a shot from the other side of the wheel well for comaprisons sake so you cant agrue that its from image compression distorting the reflection....

1496419_10151755260115723_1203114761_o.jpg

Just figured they would have paid a little closer attention to the paint work and made sure it was flawless before using it as a launch car.

With that said I still want the car incredibly bad orange peel or not. I am fine with the orange peel on my 2011.

igotyofire

Established Member
I heard it has more to due with the changes in the type of paint being used & you can thank your EPA for that, not ford. The Corvette C7 rollout has same issues & it looks like it may be a new trend.

SVTDSM

Established Member
I heard it has more to due with the changes in the type of paint being used & you can thank your EPA for that, not ford. The Corvette C7 rollout has same issues & it looks like it may be a new trend.

All paint jobs have orange peel. Unless it's been wet sanded and buffed that is.

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Find a new car that doesn't have orange peel. it's really bad sometimes. I see new Fords all day everyday at work, it's just how they are. I could imagine how good one would look after a wet sand and buff though!

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Find a new car that doesn't have orange peel. it's really bad sometimes. I see new Fords all day everyday at work, it's just how they are. I could imagine how good one would look after a wet sand and buff though!

+1

OP, Havent you heard about all the paint issues the camaro has had??

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Most auto manufacturers build in a certain amount of orange peel on purpose to hide stone chips and scratches from daily use. Trust me, with the equipment and computers they use they could through down a finish that looked like it was color sanded and buffed by hand. The trouble is it wouldn't look like that for long when driven daily by the average consumer.

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
orange peel is the new in, kinda like all the clothes companies with ripped jeans...

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Most auto manufacturers build in a certain amount of orange peel on purpose to hide stone chips and scratches from daily use. Trust me, with the equipment and computers they use they could through down a finish that looked like it was color sanded and buffed by hand. The trouble is it wouldn't look like that for long when driven daily by the average consumer.

:beer:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Ford has never been known for their paint jobs. They have always been some of the worst as far as factory jobs go IMO

CW1343

Established Member
The paint quality hasn't been the best on the newer Fords from what I'm hearing. My DIB '13 has orange peel. I even had Ford repaint some parts, and they came back with orange peel. I guess we'll have to take matters into our own hands by sanding and polishing our new vehicles. This is not as big of an issue for me however. Ford has done a great job with most other aspects of it's newer vehicle line up.

Users who are viewing this thread