Nice little fall shoot today with my SGM

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pictures look 10x better on the PC than on the iphone...

Not sure which is my favorite...

HDR car about to be flood damage or the one with the yellow stripe running along the road.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Pictures look 10x better on the PC than on the iphone...

Not sure which is my favorite...

HDR car about to be flood damage or the one with the yellow stripe running along the road.

You ball buster you! I even downloaded them from Flickr on my iPhone 5 and they look like crap.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Pete, do you plan on trying to clear bra your car?

Naa, I thought about it a few times but decided I really do not travel in it, nor do I tailgate people and NEVER drive behind anything with more than 4 tires..

I got quoted from my tint place some absurd amount for a clear bra installed of like $700+ for the front clip done. Then I just met someone who had it done for about $150 from ziebart. (quality was okaaay)

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Naa, I thought about it a few times but decided I really do not travel in it, nor do I tailgate people and NEVER drive behind anything with more than 4 tires..

I got quoted from my tint place some absurd amount for a clear bra installed of like $700+ for the front clip done. Then I just met someone who had it done for about $150 from ziebart. (quality was okaaay)

I don't mind paying for it if i can get it without any seams showing, but with the stripe issue I'm just not so sure it can be done. :??:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Beautiful car and GREAT skills. I wish we had the fall colors down here, but in exchange for not having those, we do get to drive all year round. Thanks for sharing these!!

railroad

Established Member
Great pics, great car, the same color combo I am waiting for. My wife and I just got back from Vermont and area to enjoy the colors. Take the parking lot pic and move the focus up reducing the asphalt in the pic and keeping all the trees. Really steps the pic up, more prof looking. I had to zoom the pic a little. I actually like a little more car in it. Try it, I think you will like it. Great pics.

Last edited:

peteypab2133

Established Member
Great pics, great car, the same color combo I am waiting for. My wife and I just got back from Vermont and area to enjoy the colors. Take the parking lot pic and move the focus up reducing the asphalt in the pic and keeping all the trees. Really steps the pic up, more prof looking. I had to zoom the pic a little. I actually like a little more car in it. Try it, I think you will like it. Great pics.

can you please right click on the picture and save location and post it in here so i know exactly which one you are talking about. Always open to fix stuff and appreciate the helpful critiquing!

railroad

Established Member
Thanks!!

This is the one I used, turned out great on my mac

It is this one. Cut a little over half of the asphalt out of the pic, zoom in a little until the car becomes the subject and do not loose any off the top. Everything else is great, the angle, the shadows, the driving lights, etc. If you have the opportunity to re shoot it, just move the camera up to cut out asphalt and get more trees, play with zoom, but trees are a big plus.

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
The number 6 picture is my favorite. I made it my home page, and wanted to thank you. I also made some prints to show the guys what my car should look like. You should have some post cards made of the #6 print. Super job!!!

peteypab2133

Established Member
The number 6 picture is my favorite. I made it my home page, and wanted to thank you. I also made some prints to show the guys what my car should look like. You should have some post cards made of the #6 print. Super job!!!

Thank you, and your welcome!

Madlock

Established Member
Nice shots.

Just a suggestion if the OP happens to head-out and take some more images, especially by the water. Stop-down to at least f/8, try a 2-3 stop ND filter and use a variety of longer exposures to see what you come up with. Should yield some terrific color contrasts while making the headlamps sparkle and giving the water a really ethereal effect.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Nice shots.

Just a suggestion if the OP happens to head-out and take some more images, especially by the water. Stop-down to at least f/8, try a 2-3 stop ND filter and use a variety of longer exposures to see what you come up with. Should yield some terrific color contrasts while making the headlamps sparkle and giving the water a really ethereal effect.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I sold my D90 a few days ago and ordered the D600. So I might not get it in time to head out for more photos. Also the trees are about completely bare at this point :( Looks like I have to wait till next year, but again thanks for the advice

Mostly Legal

Established Member
We probably all get a pub called "My Ford". On the inside back cover they feature photos sent in by their readers. If they use your photo, they send you $100. Not big bucks, but there will be another hundred thousand people see your work. Your photos are better than many I have seen used, but then I'm very partial to sterling grey. Email to [email protected]. Good Luck.

peteypab2133

Established Member
We probably all get a pub called "My Ford". On the inside back cover they feature photos sent in by their readers. If they use your photo, they send you $100. Not big bucks, but there will be another hundred thousand people see your work. Your photos are better than many I have seen used, but then I'm very partial to sterling grey. Email to [email protected]. Good Luck.

Thanks a million. Just sent the email. Will keep you updated

Users who are viewing this thread