Next summer

LocoGT

Banned
SVTChic said:
Well whatever car I decide to get I want it to be able to pick up hp quickly... I want to run 11's by the end of the summer :) I know I'm probably just dreaming but thats what I would like. Or at least low 12's.
Best bet is a cheap fox and just build it to your specs

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
ampstang said:
Why don't you get a used '03 Cobra and put $10K down, then pay the rest off per month.

That could work. I just don't know if I would get approved for another car. I just bought my focus so I have payments on that. And I'm young so I doubt they would fly with that.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
99% of Mustangs cost too much for what they are. That's the main reason I have not found one yet. Everyone wants way too much for their 5.0. These fools act like their cars are rare

True. Although when I was looking for an 93-97 F-body I couldn't find a good deal either. I think it's just sports cars, people love their fast cars and it's more sentimental value then market. Keep looking and don't settle for a POS, a nice one will come along.

I always hate seeing "95, last year of the 5.0" So the hell what? And actually, the 5.0 went on until 00' or 01' in the exploders.

UCBeau

SVTChic said:
That could work. I just don't know if I would get approved for another car. I just bought my focus so I have payments on that. And I'm young so I doubt they would fly with that.
Don't worry about age..When I was 19 I bought an 03 GT, got a 3.9% APR on it and all that..now I'm 21 and last summer went from the GT to my Cobra and had no problems getting a loan for that one at 5.45% (used car loan)

LocoGT

Banned
poopnut2 said:
True. Although when I was looking for an 93-97 F-body I couldn't find a good deal either. I think it's just sports cars, people love their fast cars and it's more sentimental value then market. Keep looking and don't settle for a POS, a nice one will come along.

I always hate seeing "95, last year of the 5.0" So the hell what? And actually, the 5.0 went on until 00' or 01' in the exploders.
When I was f-body shopping (3-4 years ago) it took me 10 months to find the right Camaro

LocoGT

Banned
SVTChic said:
Getting yourself into debt right off the bat is not very smart

SVTChic

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
Don't worry about age..When I was 19 I bought an 03 GT, got a 3.9% APR on it and all that..now I'm 21 and last summer went from the GT to my Cobra and had no problems getting a loan for that one at 5.45% (used car loan)

I won't be trading in my other car tho. Do you think that would be a problem? Oh and I'm 19.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
SVTChic said:
I'm not gonna ditch my focus. Its just a winter car tho. I want a mustang. I finally have a good job so I'll be able to get one and I don't want to wait. I'm sure you understand. I'm sick of being slow :(

Understand?

Jamie, I drive an 83' Ford LTD with a 3.8L V6. Your focus is numbingly fast by comparison, OK?

Anyways, I did not know you intend to keep your focus. Good move, always good to have a fun little toy on the side if you can afford to.
Find an old, cheap fox. Better yet, find an old cheap 4cyl fox with a T-roof and an old lady driver. Dump a bigass engine in it, have some fun.
That's how I would do it, anyways. I've just seen too many foxes that have been ragged on, and the nice ones are ridiculously overpriced...

SVTChic

Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
Getting yourself into debt right off the bat is not very smart

Yeah I deff don't wanna do that. Thats why I'm asking you guys/girls what you think the best idea would be.

UCBeau

SVTChic said:
I won't be trading in my other car tho. Do you think that would be a problem? Oh and I'm 19.
Ohh you'd be keeping your focus...I didn't read that, my bad..Your Debt/Earnings ratio would be a source of concern unless you make a ton of cash. Age isn't *that* big of a deal, or it wasn't for me. Sometimes you have to go through credit unions to get better financing though, because dealerships can be tough to work with. But the downside is usually a slightly higher interest rate.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
best way to make cash for a 19 year old girl in debt...
Well, then again although I don't know you too well, I know you well enough to know you have more class than that

SVTChic

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Just drive your focus and make your beau give you the cobra every now and then for a day.

Thats no fun.... I don't want my bf's car. I want my own that way I can mod it how I want you know?

SVTChic

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
best way to make cash for a 19 year old girl in debt...
Well, then again although I don't know you too well, I know you well enough to know you have more class than that

I make good money now. I work at a mortgage company. So I don't need to do anything dumb for money. And your right. I wouldn't do that anyway.

SVTChic

Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
Cheap fox & build that

I was thinking maybe a notchback but someone was telling me not to... I forget the reason why they said :shrug: Do you really think thats my best bet tho?

LocoGT

Banned
SVTChic said:
I was thinking maybe a notchback but someone was telling me not to... I forget the reason why they said :shrug: Do you really think thats my best bet tho?
If you wanna go the lowest costing route it is.

Why would they say no notch? Good luck finding a decent notch for a decent price. All the notch owners want waaaaaaaay too much for their plain jane 5.0

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
LT1Z28 said:

Don't need it, have a few girls hounding me right now as it is.
Try www.notgettingintoarelationshipwithanyoneuntilafterchristmassoicanavoidpayingforagiftforsomegirl.com

my website^

My comments were general.

Anyways, yeah that's a common route for alot of girls with money trouble though. Somebody was bound to float it.

Basically, you know if you can afford it, then by all means go for it. Start looking now, and take your time - get an idea for what those mustangs are selling for, and figure out the market in your area. Decide what kind of car you want and what you want it to have, and then when you're ready to buy, you'll be all set to know what you want, how you want it, how much it's worth, and what the rest of the market is like.

Users who are viewing this thread