Next summer

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
So I'm looking at buying a stang next summer. I just wanted to get some opions on what kind I should get for my first? Thanks!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
lol, Well it depends. What body style do you like?
How much do you want to spend on gas?
How fast you wanna' go?
Personally, I myself would be looking at an SVO. Personally, I really like them. That's my opinion. You can make huge HP, and you can go the other direction and get modest fuel economy too, if you like.

Really, it'll all fall down to what you like, and how much you have to spend.

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
SVTChic said:
haha yeah. I would deff buy a cobra but I don't think I have that kind of money :(

i've got it! i'll co-sign on a cobra for you and in return you co-sign on the lightning for me! deal?

SVTChic

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
How fast you wanna' go?
Personally, I myself would be looking at an SVO. Personally, I really like them. That's my opinion. You can make huge HP, and you can go the other direction and get modest fuel economy too, if you like.

Well I'm probably not gonna be able to spend more then $10,000. Any body style would be fine with me. As long as its fast I'm happy :thumbsup:

SVTChic

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
buy a used cobra. like a 99/01 or something. they can be made pretty quick :)

How much do they usually go for? Like I said I probably won't have much more then $10,000 to spend.

UCBeau

SVTChic said:
How much do they usually go for? Like I said I probably won't have much more then $10,000 to spend.
hmm..well i've seen 99's for 13-15k...you could always look for a 96 or 98 or something too, those are slightly less powerful, older bodystyle BUT have a solid rear..

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
How fast you wanna' go?

SVO's aren't dependable though.

It's your first mustang, what body style do you like? For $10,000 or a lot less you could get a nice ass foxbody that will spank the shit out of most cars on the road. Or you could get a used 96-98' Cobra for around that price. Might be able to find a 99-00 GT around that price.

I saw get the fox though. Nothing sexier then a girl in a real muscle car.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
again, spend the money on the nicest car you can afford.

Then again, why ditch your focus?
Think about it - cheap insurance, it's under warranty so repair is not an issue: Economical.
I would say put that money in the bank and get an account with compound interest, wait a few years, and then you'll have more to spend on a car that's fast - you'll also get more for your money as that any mustang bought now will not be worth as much in a few years....
Just a thought

SVTChic

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
SVO's aren't dependable though.

It's your first mustang, what body style do you like? For $10,000 or a lot less you could get a nice ass foxbody that will spank the shit out of most cars on the road. Or you could get a used 96-98' Cobra for around that price. Might be able to find a 99-00 GT around that price.

I saw get the fox though. Nothing sexier then a girl in a real muscle car.

I'm not really worried about the body. I'm lookin more for the power. Fox bodies do have a special place in my heart tho. I learned to drive stick on one.

SVTChic

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
again, spend the money on the nicest car you can afford.

Then again, why ditch your focus?
Think about it - cheap insurance, it's under warranty so repair is not an issue: Economical.
I would say put that money in the bank and get an account with compound interest, wait a few years, and then you'll have more to spend on a car that's fast - you'll also get more for your money as that any mustang bought now will not be worth as much in a few years....
Just a thought

I'm not gonna ditch my focus. Its just a winter car tho. I want a mustang. I finally have a good job so I'll be able to get one and I don't want to wait. I'm sure you understand. I'm sick of being slow :(

SVTChic

Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
What is your idea of "fast"?

Get a 94-95 Cobra and mod it as you see fit

Well whatever car I decide to get I want it to be able to pick up hp quickly... I want to run 11's by the end of the summer :) I know I'm probably just dreaming but thats what I would like. Or at least low 12's.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Why don't you get a used '03 Cobra and put $10K down, then pay the rest off per month.

Users who are viewing this thread