Next engine mod?

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
My first tech post. I have looked for mod lists or recipes, but I couldnt find anything.
So far I have:
CAI
2.76 pulley
Mac H pipe
Flowmaster Catback

I was wondering what my next mod should be? Something that bolts on, nothing to involved. I may or may not do it. I have a superchips tuner also.

Nitto DRs and Throttle body or plenum? I have no idea.

Thanks.

KILRSVT

Established Member
ported blower.....thats what my route..if wanting more power. if not try some suspension ...frame connectors would be a good investment some lowering springs...

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
+1 on FLSFC they really help the car out.

Throttlebody provides a quicker throttle response with a small power gain, however some have a few problems with their idle afterwards or they may stick.

Lowering springs helps take that 4x4 lift away or you could cut your springs which a lot have done but I didn't feel comfortable doing it.

MGW short throw shifter is nice and easily installed as well.

i8urSS

Established Member
i agree if you havent done any suspension thats where i would go next. flsfc's then springs then back to the motor. and an irs brace if you havent done so already.

RussZTT

Established Member
Subframes
BF IRS Brace
Springs to lower the car a tad
Blower port, MAFia, BAP and 60lb injectors

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
IRS brace, idler pulley, LFP heat exchanger, LFP Head cooling mod, Drag radial, etc...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're pleased with your stock shifter then I'd say focus on suspension mods. If you're not happy with your stock shifter, go with an aftermarket billet shifter. There are a number of them available, with the MGW being the most popular around here. If you do order a shifter, order a set of my shifter gaskets as well. They'll make the install easier and you'll have a quieter shifter, too. :)

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Excellent suggestions. I think I have the MGW shifter already, I have to check when I get home, I do have the stock one in a box, springs are cut 1/2" or so, I also have the lower idler pulley and I have a brace somewhere on the rear. I didnt want to weld in subframes, and at this point dont want to remove the blower yet. Maybe someday. :)

What is a posi race port?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Just verified, I have MGW shifter, diff brace, springs cut 1/2" front, 3/4" rear, ngk6 plugs, lower idler. I have been researching, I may go with a stock ported tb/plenum from steig, & just Nitto DRs. From what I am getting, the maf is restrictive, then the tb/plenum but gains are minor from here on. The real gains are ported blower w/ matched intake. I'll have to suffer for now, dont want to weld subframes in, or pull the blower off.
Thanks guys.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Just verified, I have MGW shifter, diff brace, springs cut 1/2" front, 3/4" rear, ngk6 plugs, lower idler. I have been researching, I may go with a stock ported tb/plenum from steig, & just Nitto DRs. From what I am getting, the maf is restrictive, then the tb/plenum but gains are minor from here on. The real gains are ported blower w/ matched intake. I'll have to suffer for now, dont want to weld subframes in, or pull the blower off.
Thanks guys.

ya i dont know what lower your running but with a upper and lower pullly combo a port will be a great thing to think about;-)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

Drive one that has them,you`ll change your mind pretty quick!

Users who are viewing this thread