Newbie....

rzimmerl

Established Member
Not new to the forums as joined in 2007 searching for a Kenne Bell supercharger head unit for my Thunderbird SC which I recently just sold (was 2.1KB blown making 506 rwhp with an AOD), and purchased my first SVT vehicle. 1998 Cobra convertible with 47k miles, all original except for an x pipe and cat back. Starting in on some normal maintenance items like worn suspension parts and brakes, along with now an IMRC delete as the control box has failed. Looking forward to years for modifications and cruising.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now....don't be a stranger! LOL. Any pics of your old T-Bird? Sounds bad ass. Maybe post a photo or two of your '98 Cobra, too.

rzimmerl

Established Member
Here are some shots of the SC. I was a very active SCCOA member for nearly 20 years, and custom designed/built alot of pieces for this car as not a lot is available aftermarket.
IMG_2731.jpg
IMG_2735.jpg
IMG_1287.JPG
FZQQ6055.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg

rzimmerl

Established Member
Few shots of the Cobra, have not gotten some glamour shots outside yet. Either out cruising or fixing some issues...like power steering rack and rack bushings and now IMRC system delete.
IMG_6739.jpg
MGRC5640.jpg
IMG_2610.jpg

Badaz01

Established Member
I’m new to becoming a member to this site but have long been coming here for advice and ideas for modification work to my 2001 svt cobra vert. It has been a dream car of mine and up to this point I have put into it a jlt fender intake, bbk throttle body, intake spacer, flowtech long tubes, bbk x pipe,Magnaflow catback, aluminum d.s. , 373 gears w/posi clutches, ford racing diff. cover eibach lowering springs , bilstiens on all corners, Stifflers FIT subframe connectors, 93 performance custom tune and upgraded fuel pump. I’ve only had the car little under two years but I look forward to hearing from all of you for suggestions and I hope to be of help to others as well in the pursuit of bad ass sports car happiness. Thanks and good day all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Both your old T-Bird and your Mustang are good looking cars. Your T-Bird's paint looks to be in really great shape. And nice choice on the wheels. Oh, and last but not least, that engine bay rocks! I'll bet you miss it at times. But, you've got a nice Cobra to pamper now.
upload_2020-10-3_15-3-22.png

rzimmerl

Established Member
The wheels were my favorite and anyone that saw the car, Boyd Coddington Smoothie II, 18x9 - 18x10 setup. Ya I'm missing the power of the Tbird, but really enjoying cruising around in the Cobra with the wife and kids.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cruising with the top down is fun. Will you put it away for the winter, or will you drive it?

rzimmerl

Established Member
Cobra will be covered and stored it is bay of the heated garage for the winter. It took the SC spot in the garage.

rzimmerl

Established Member
I’m new to becoming a member to this site but have long been coming here for advice and ideas for modification work to my 2001 svt cobra vert. It has been a dream car of mine and up to this point I have put into it a jlt fender intake, bbk throttle body, intake spacer, flowtech long tubes, bbk x pipe,Magnaflow catback, aluminum d.s. , 373 gears w/posi clutches, ford racing diff. cover eibach lowering springs , bilstiens on all corners, Stifflers FIT subframe connectors, 93 performance custom tune and upgraded fuel pump. I’ve only had the car little under two years but I look forward to hearing from all of you for suggestions and I hope to be of help to others as well in the pursuit of bad ass sports car happiness. Thanks and good day all.
Which Eibach springs did you go with and hows the ride with the Bilsteins? Suspension upgrades and brakes are on my winter to do list.

Badaz01

Established Member
I will let you know in a few days still in shop getting the Lt’s ,clutch ,and Stifflers subframe connectors installed. Eibach pro kit is the one I went with for 1.4in drop all around.

Last edited:

boost88

Established Member
I will let you know in a few days still in shop getting the Lt’s ,clutch ,and Stifflers subframe connectors installed. Eibach pro kit is the one I went with for 1.4in drop all around.
Going to be a whole new car when you get it back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread