Newbie walt460

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Well, I am sorta a Newbie, and I don't think I have done introduction before, so here goes.

I worked at Ford/Visteon for 32 years, mostly in Powertrain, Powertrain Controls (EEC I, II, III, IV, & V), did a lot of Ford Racing Support for Electronics including F1, NASCAR & Indy, then ended up in Electric Vehicle Systems, Hybrids, Alternative Power, and Fuel Cell Control Systems. Now retired and living in Southern Nevada, near Vegas.

I have always been a Ford guy, in the blood somehow, but I appreciate all cool cars and especially those built by the owner in their own garage. I have always built my own cars, some in the yard or the street before I had a garage, and I have always worked on other guy's project cars.

So now I enjoy using what I learned at Ford and garages to help others, and I still am doing my own Projects.

I am here to enjoy what you share, and help if I can.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
welcome Walt....nice to have some more knowledge on this site :beer:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Thanks!

03snkbt, I see the note on your 03 Cobra loss.....sorry to know, what happened?

still trying to figure out the specifics. 2nd time that my car would not stop accelerating.
first time was 3yrs ago with 460rwhp........this time i had 700rw
just couldn't bring car back straight and found a ditch with a brick wall barrier!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to see you're posting now, Walt. I see you have a '97 "Terminated" Cobra. Can you post a few photos?

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I am traveling, back home late Sunday, so only a couple of pics of my 1997 Cobra with a 2004 Terminator drivetrain.
osmi.jpg

xnip.jpg

65hb.jpg

I even painted the 2004 dash to match the interior of the 1997, that's 04 dash and a 98 console.
Every bit of wire in my car is from the 04 donor car, headlights to taillights, air bag system, even ABS is all 04.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I also have a 2001 Convert that started life as a Hertz rental car (V6) in Orlando Florida. It now has 2004 Mach 1 auto drivetrain, 2001 Bullitt FRPP suspension kit, and 01 Cobra interior. Wheels are chromed and powercoated Mach 1 wheels.
0ref.jpg

....and a 1949 F1 pickup with a 5.0L AOD & 4 wheel disc brakes, AC, etc.
31og.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread