New York City People

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Me and the girlfriend are thinking about taking a weekend trip to New York just after the New Year. We would really like to see as much of the big city as we can. We'll probably end up doing a Thursday evening to Sunday morning sort of thing. What places do you guys recommend around the city? Where would be the best place to stay?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you belong to AAA, you can use their website to check hotel prices. Another good source is Travelocity. You probably already know that pretty much any hotel in the city is going to be very expensive, especially if it is a 3-star type or higher.

Parking in the city is tough during the week, so consider leaving your car at the hotel and using a taxi or a bus. Which is why people generally prefer to spend the extra money and stay at a hotel in the city vs. staying someone outside of the city and commuting back and forth.

Oh, and I'd recommend you pick up one of those NYC maps that are sold pretty much everywhere in the city. The ones that show all of the major attractions. This will allow you to get around better and easier. Enjoy! I don't get to the city much but it is always a treat. But....I wouldn't want to live there. LOL!

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
I dont really like NEW YORK, its a very dirty city even in downtown times square. LOTS of homeles people, but if its your first time then you might like it.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
Then you will enjoy it there. It s a really BIG city and lots of things to do so you prob wont get bored. Just watch out for scamers there LOTS of them. Dont buy anything off the street. If its too good to be true then it prob is!! Have fun.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
instantmassege said:
Then you will enjoy it there. It s a really BIG city and lots of things to do so you prob wont get bored. Just watch out for scamers there LOTS of them. Dont buy anything off the street. If its too good to be true then it prob is!! Have fun.

Thanks. I am sure its not much different from Chicago when it comes to the homeless and the scammers.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Actually, right now we're having unusually warm weather, which I hope will hold out for awhile. I'd say do the Circle Line on your first day if you get in during the day, because it's fairly relaxing (no walking), and if you're tired from the flight, you're just chilling on the boat and can doze a bit. As for things you might want to check out, I'd say check out the Empire State building, then take a walk over to Grand Central, since it's a couple blocks down. The Statue Of Liberty is definitely a hot thing to see, and if you like history, you would really enjoy Ellis Island. If you guys want to see a show one night, TKTS right in the middle of Times Square has good deals on tickets, but you gotta stand in line for a long time to get them. There are so many other things to do it's not even funny. There are plenty of museums to check out, plenty of cool places, and plenty of good places to eat.

P.S.- If you throw a penny of the Empire State Building, it won't hit the ground, and even if it does, it won't kill anyone.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
Actually, right now we're having unusually warm weather, which I hope will hold out for awhile. I'd say do the Circle Line on your first day if you get in during the day, because it's fairly relaxing (no walking), and if you're tired from the flight, you're just chilling on the boat and can doze a bit. As for things you might want to check out, I'd say check out the Empire State building, then take a walk over to Grand Central, since it's a couple blocks down. The Statue Of Liberty is definitely a hot thing to see, and if you like history, you would really enjoy Ellis Island. If you guys want to see a show one night, TKTS right in the middle of Times Square has good deals on tickets, but you gotta stand in line for a long time to get them. There are so many other things to do it's not even funny. There are plenty of museums to check out, plenty of cool places, and plenty of good places to eat.

P.S.- If you throw a penny of the Empire State Building, it won't hit the ground, and even if it does, it won't kill anyone.

The penny will vanish into think air?:bs:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
T-Bolt said:

Cool. I totally forgot about Broadway. What nice hotels are in Times Square?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
mc01svt said:
why would you want to go to New York City? :shrug:

To alleviate the some of the massive crowds that flock to SC/GA every year. I hear Billy Bob's monstertruck rally and Aunt Ma's homemade grits simmered over Bud Light are a huge tourist attraction.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
If you're into finance at all, the downtown area is very cool. tons of history. Check out trinity church, wall street, federal hall, the federal reserve, the NYSE (where I work), and a lot of the historical buildings in the area.

Lots of great food, trendy restaurants, clubs, bars, whatever.

Maybe the bronx zoo, espn zone in times square, UN, etc.

tons of options.

gotta remember though, stuff here is crazy expensive.

GH1086

Established Member
Make sure to check out Washington Heights, Hunt's Point, Harlem, Red Hook, East New York, & Jamaica. The best time is at night though. Throw in Brighton Beach if you're black and hate Russians.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Canoodler said:
To alleviate the some of the massive crowds that flock to SC/GA every year. I hear Billy Bob's monstertruck rally and Aunt Ma's homemade grits simmered over Bud Light are a huge tourist attraction.

:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread