New York City People

Hollowtip429

Established Member
I liked times square! There are people there 24/7, but in the day there are all kinds of stuff to see! I also went and saw China town and the Villiage! Not a whole lot of NYC but what I did see was pretty interesting!!

Dusten

Established Member
instantmassege said:
The penny will vanish into think air?:bs:

No, they showed this on mythbusters, there are several ledges that will catch it before it reaches the ground.

2003 Silver

Banned
URDONE said:
Me and the girlfriend are thinking about taking a weekend trip to New York just after the New Year. We would really like to see as much of the big city as we can. We'll probably end up doing a Thursday evening to Sunday morning sort of thing. What places do you guys recommend around the city? Where would be the best place to stay?

You should really try to get there prior to chrismas.....best time of year to be in NYC IMO. Great decorations/Holiday spirit....I'm heading in on the 9th...it's only 2 hrs. away for me.

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
Actually, right now we're having unusually warm weather, which I hope will hold out for awhile. I'd say do the Circle Line on your first day if you get in during the day, because it's fairly relaxing (no walking), and if you're tired from the flight, you're just chilling on the boat and can doze a bit. As for things you might want to check out, I'd say check out the Empire State building, then take a walk over to Grand Central, since it's a couple blocks down. The Statue Of Liberty is definitely a hot thing to see, and if you like history, you would really enjoy Ellis Island. If you guys want to see a show one night, TKTS right in the middle of Times Square has good deals on tickets, but you gotta stand in line for a long time to get them. There are so many other things to do it's not even funny. There are plenty of museums to check out, plenty of cool places, and plenty of good places to eat.

Ditto what he says. Going right after the Holiday rush is a good idea, but get there before they take down the tree @ Rockefeller Center! That's a 'must see.' Don't forget to see Times Square at night! Also, don't listen to the Yahoos on here...

Last edited:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
rkomo said:
Ditto what he says. Going right after the Holiday rush is a good idea, but get there before they take down the tree @ Rockefeller Center! That's a 'must see.' Don't forget to see Times Square at night! Also, don't listen to the Yahoos on here...

yeah dont listen to this guy:rollseyes

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
Hey pal; you’re just a product of genetics. The term yahoo actually refers to yr parents for slobbering on one another in the first place…

Last edited:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Go to North Cove by the WTC site and get your self a Blockhead Borrito. They are the BOMB!!!!!! and will last you the rest of the day.

PONY MAN

Established Member
URDONE said:
Something different. I have never been to the East Coast.
That's true, I would like the adventure & experience too.
I live in Houston & we are thinking about checking new York out this year.
Have fun !

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
URDONE said:
Cool. I totally forgot about Broadway. What nice hotels are in Times Square?

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/NYCMQ

Haven't been in a room in over 10 years, but I've been in the building many times, and it is pretty cool. Around X-Mas time, many stores on 5th Avenue do big window displays. I have no idea how long they keep them up for though. You also might want to check out the Bodies exhibit at South Street Seaport. http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/intro.html It is a very interesting exhibit, but expensive (25 bucks per person when I went).

Users who are viewing this thread