New Washing Machine Recommendations

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Wife and I bought a new Electrolux front load washer and dryer approximately five years ago. Dryer hasn’t had any issues, but the washer bearings are toast.

Appliance guy came out and said parts (bearings, inner drum, outer drum) is going to run in the 800 dollar range after install.

Our previous set was Fridgedaire (same as Electrolux) and we didn’t get more than 6 years.

Safe to say, I’m about ****ing done with those brands.

We do a LOT of laundry between three kids and ourselves.

Open to front load or top load. Wife has an idea of what she wants, but I told her I have to consult the professionals first.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
happy-woman-housewife-laundry-room-260nw-1308315673.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm a fan of top loaders. Lighter, don't have to keep the door open to avoid mold, cheaper and more reliable.

I'm am also a fan of buying the cheap ones, less BS options and shit to go wrong. I would still have my old scratch and dent I got from home depot that was 12 years old if I wouldn't have lost the drain hose adapter while moving. I called everywhere to see if someone had one (had been discontinued) and the universal ones didn't fit right. I was pissed about that.

Blown 89

Established Member
Electrolux can suck a ****ing dick IMO. Their products are absolute trash.

That being said, my LG washer/dryer are going on 15 years at this point. Because of work I go through more laundry than most and they've held up great. If I had my choice I would have a front load in the house for clothes because they're gentler and clean spots better but a top loader for the shop rags and things that require more water.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry yours bit the dust. I just asked my wife what we have because we've had it for about 10 years. Wouldn't you know it, it an Electrolux. She love it. IMO it's the luck of the draw with pretty much any brand. They seriously do not make them to last like they used to.....when they were made in the USA.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol at some of the replies. Been running a Samsung top load for years. Same brand dryer. Had a front load Frigidaire. My wife hated it.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Our Maytags have ~18 years on them (we have 2 sets). I have already decided the replacements will be Speed Queen

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We have Samsung front loaders and never had an issue. Except when my wife forget to put the lint trap back in and a pair of her panties got sucked into the mechanism. She’s not allowed to wear underwear anymore so it’s pretty great.
I’ll let her call mine. Maybe they can discuss losing the bras too.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another shout out for Samsung front loader. Have had ours for going on 4 years. No issues.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'll have to double check brand. Had to buy wash/dryer when we got our place may of '21

Didn't do much research, just had two musts:
-top loader
-made in America

I've had issues whether it be leaks or mold with every front loader I've ever had.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Those with Speed Queens or Maytag Commercials, one thing I didn't care for when researching was the smaller capacity of them and center agitator. The front loaders and top without agitator could wash a larger comforter, dog beds, etc more easily. Not to mention the agitator beats up the clothes a lot more than one without an agitator (I have proof).

Imo, I'd go with a $1,000 basic top loader set without agitator or spend a little more on a front loader if you prefer that style. I have a Samsung and it's been okay for 12 years now. I replaced the pump twice and discharge hose once. Still under $100 for replacement parts.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Find some vintage 30 year old one on craigslist, slap on a couple new parts to be safe and it will last another 15 years without problems likely.

Users who are viewing this thread