NEW: Vortech 3.3L VTS Twin Screw COMING SOON!

HighPSI

Established Member
Well here she is getting ready to go on. The headers and K-Member had to go on first so the Vortech should be going on and hopefully tuned next week. I'll be the first one on the streets with this kit so I'll provide updates as I get them. For full system info check Vortech's site here:

Vortech Superchargers

2003-2004 4.6L 4V Mustang Cobra Supercharger Tuner Kits | Lysholm

Sorry for the poor quality camera phone pics. I'll have better ones for the next update.

Waiting to go on
showit.jpg

Other install pics
undercar.jpg

nicew.jpg

wows.jpg

Happy Boosting :beer:

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
Wonder why they relacated the intake to the d/s? Can't wait to see how this supercharger screams, i'm thinking its going to be deep pitched like the whipple. How much boost is the pulley going to make that is provided? They say there only one other option at this time.

Jefe

Established Member
Is this thing really going to be any better than a 3.4 or 2.6H? Did they just want a piece of the T/S scene?

HighPSI

Established Member
I'm guessing that this blower/kit was truly designed for the GT500 and adapted to fit our cars.

Actually no. It was mainly done because the D/S has an opening in the front of the bumper/panel which allows more air to get to the filter while the P/S is closed off. There was a rhyme and reason to do it not just because it was convenient to not change it from the GT500 kit.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Hmm according to the PDF file for the 3.3AX its max speed is 11,000 RPM.. Thought it was around 18,000.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I have the Lysholm 2.3L (2300AX) loaded, via Trilogy Motorsports custom Twin Screw System for the 32valve DOHC....and LOVE IT! The sound is deep and unique and the power throughout the band...it pulls like a freight train. :rolling:

I'll be following this build with interest and congrats on the selection of Lysholm. :rockon:

IMG_5810.gif

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Very nice but I have a question. Wouldn't it of been better to go with the Whipple 3.4 where the plenium and throttle body are on the pass side?

Jefe

Established Member
Whats the cost? Id imagine most guys going with 3.3/3.4 setups have their battery in the trunk so it doesnt matter

GodStang

Established Member
Whats the cost? Id imagine most guys going with 3.3/3.4 setups have their battery in the trunk so it doesnt matter

The price on the votechs are pretty cheap since they are 10 year old technology. They took the same blowers Whipple dumped 5 years ago slapped a different inlet on and new stickers and put it to the market.

I pray Vortech has better luck than Whipple with these blowers and Lysholm. The guys that had 03-04s pre 2005 know what I am talking about.

Best of luck with your setup.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Yeah...forget Lysholm...they just INVENTED twin screw supercharging...they are all crap....:lol1: :burn:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let us know how the install and tests go. IMO it will be very difficult for Vortech to become a serious player when they're up against two very established leaders, Whipple and Kenne Bell.

GodStang

Established Member
Yeah...forget Lysholm...they just INVENTED twin screw supercharging...they are all crap....:lol1: :burn:

That is incorrect. Lysholm that made the Whipple and now make the Vortech was named after Alf Lysholm the chief engineer of the original moderen day twin screw setup. They are not the same.

I wish the OP and Vortech best of luck with their Lysholms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread