New VMP TVS with interchangeable pulleys - 2.5", 2.75", and 3"

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a new version of the VMP 2.3L TVS blower available with interchangeable upper pulleys. This was intended to allow road-course drivers to lower boost when they need less power (and less heat) for the road course, along with allowing you to run stock fuel system with an OD lower.

I use a stainless steel 6-bolt hub so it never rusts, with black annodized aluminum pulleys. As an introductory price of $3599 the blower comes with all 3 pulley rings at no extra charge.
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: VMP 07-12 Shelby GT500 2.3L TVS Supercharger - Interchangeable Pulley System

vmpgt500tvsic.jpg

tvspulleyset.jpg

This blower still retains all the great features of the original VMP TVS, including a high-flow inlet elbow CNC port matched to the blower, along with a 1 year warranty. The blower is delivered to you with the hub pressed on, no gaskets or other parts are needed. It is a direct replacement for the stock blower and utilizes all factory bolts and vacuum line locations.

This table shows the approximate boost with various upper and lower pulley combos:
tvsboosts.jpg

17psi and below does not require fuel system upgrades.

Here are some dyno results from GT500s with the VMP TVS:
[ame=http://vmptuning.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28]GT500 Dyno Results - VMP Tuning Message Board[/ame]

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Looks good Justin and you have me thinking about up-grading my 09 Vert. Is your Kit available with the 2.59 Pulley, and how many lbs. of Boost would it be??? The reason is out her in S. Ca. we only have 91 Octane available and I'm thinking 17 lbs. of Boost may be on the edge. Congratz on the new addition to the family....

2nd2none

Established Member
Im in San Diego and have his VMP TVS kit with 2.5" pulley. Just got it tuned today and made 696rwhp/737tq on a conservative 91 octane tune as this is also my daily driver. Theres some extra goodies and not just the TVS kit.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
WOW!! Great numbers, I take it you added some more mods and had it Tuned locally??? What did it make initially with Justin's Kit and tune. 17 lbs of Boost?? Thanx

2nd2none

Established Member
with just the VMP TVS package and a Roush extreme catback it made 643/665 at about 17#on Justins tune. I added an L&M 72mm throttle body, JLT 127mm big air intake, Bosch 72# injectors, Dynatech longtubes with 2.5" catted X-pipe. Had Justin update the tune and it made something like 681rwhp (I forget the torque). The installer did some datalogging and sent it off to Justin to adjust the tune. It was also suuuuuuper loud with the headers and the Roush Extreme so I put on a set of modified MAC mufflers I got from a vendor on teamshelby.com. We put the new tune on a few days later and it made like 663rwhp but ran pretty messed up. It was really rich down low and the idle was would hunt at times pretty bad. We did some datalogging again and sent it to Justin but never got any word back (Im sure the baby thing had to do with that and I don't blame him). I ended up going to another shop that a friend uses for his tunes and he's the one that got my final numbers and it was the same type (Dyno Dynamics) of dyno the original installer uses.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Here's a look at the VMP TVS with the 2.5" vs the quick change 2.75"

[ame=http://vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63731]BJ's 2007 GT500 with VMP TVS 702RWHP/686RWTQ - VMP Tuning Message Board[/ame]

bj

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks good Justin and you have me thinking about up-grading my 09 Vert. Is your Kit available with the 2.59 Pulley, and how many lbs. of Boost would it be??? The reason is out her in S. Ca. we only have 91 Octane available and I'm thinking 17 lbs. of Boost may be on the edge. Congratz on the new addition to the family....

I could do a 2.6 pulley, it would be 15-16psi. However, i would just run the 2.5, the 91 isn't a big issue with a conservative tune. I have guys running 20psi out there. The 8.5:1 CR that shelbys have goes a long way to tolerating high boost and pump gas octanes.

Users who are viewing this thread