new use for Mr.Clean Magic Eraser

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
backing out of the garage this morning i rubbed against a propane tank. left a nice 3 foot long white line (black vert by the way) along the side of the car just under the door. i kicked myself all day. got home figured what the hell i would try the magic eraser, AND IT WORKED!!! so next time you have something rub against or paint transfer, give it a try before you take it to the body shop.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pics,or it didn`t happen!
j/k
I heard those things are kinda abrasive and might scratch the paint,any signs of this?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
nice. i keep wanting to pick one of these up. never tried one

Black Sex

Established Member
Or rubbing alcohol will take off certain paint scuffs like that. If you rub your mirror on the garage or something the alcohol will take that right off.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just bought a whole box of these at BJ's wholesale club the other day. Haven't cracked them open yet, but it's good to know they work. I actually bought them for our solid surface, ceramic glass stovetop. Did it dull your paint at all due to the abrasives?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
im not so sure i would use that on cars. When my tenants left my townhouse rental i had to clean some scuffs on my walls and mr clean magic erasers cleaned them but left notciable discolorations while looking at different angles. You could see the big areas i scrubbed. too abrasive IMO

04spinbra

Established Member
I've used them to get the lovebugs off the front of the car! As long as you dont let them sit too long they work great!! They clean white shoes too!!haha

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ALWAYS test ANY cleaner product like this on a lesser visible area before using it on the affected area. Some of these cleaners are not recommended for auto paint. So test first. One day you'll probably be very happy you did this simple step.

mrose75

Established Member
PICS!!! I need to pic one up for the marks going up my stairway. Kids.....

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
ok, so after looking at it in the sunlight:nono: dont do it if want to keep a perfect paint finish. now when i say perfect i mean perfect. there is a very slight haze where i used the Magic eraser. i used some honda polish on the spot and it took some of the haze away but if in the sunlight at a perfect angle with your hand shading it you can still see it, you have to look very very hard. soo would i use it again? yep, especially campared to what it looked like before. as for pics, there was no way that a camera would pick it up. but as cobrabob said test a spot first. +1 on the clay bar.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My wife uses the Magic Eraser on just about everything. From walls to soccer shoes to shower walls. They work great but I had never thought of doing that. I would have been afraid it would leave scratch marks.

Users who are viewing this thread