New upgrades for the Cobra

wowzir

Established Member
I have been the owner of a 2003 Cobra and have 51000 miles on it. It has a JLT CAI and I have recently order an entire SLP exhaust with long tube headers and loud mouth II catback. Also ordered a RAM Powergrip clutch with new billet steel flywheel and Steeda Quadrant. Wondering if and which pulley to change to?? Also have the Diablo tuner for the past 10 months. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What pulley are you using now?

I would recommend the 2.80 oor 2.76, unless you have a larger crank pulley. If your blower is ported you'll be better able to handle higher boost (15+ lbs.).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, if you're going with the 2.76 pulley be sure to add an auxiliary idler for more belt wrap and less chance of belt slip. Better yet, ditch the stock idlers (they are stamped steel and are known to come apart) and get a 4-piece billet idler set.

DICobra

Established Member
Oh, if you're going with the 2.76 pulley be sure to add an auxiliary idler for more belt wrap and less chance of belt slip. Better yet, ditch the stock idlers (they are stamped steel and are known to come apart) and get a 4-piece billet idler set.

+1... I got the 2.8 pulley

Users who are viewing this thread