New TVS

1993svtjones

Established Member
Just purchased TVS & Elbow from BJ @VMP. I have a black 09 GT 500 & when I talked to BJ ( great guy & customer service ) silver was only available at the time of ordered. Think I will be painting it factory black like the stock unit & just wondering what paint would work best and last !!!!!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't you have black valve covers? I think keeping it silver and adding black accents to the blower will make it stand out more unless your going for fully blacked out?
High temp black engine paint should do it unless you powdercoating.
Great choice on the TVS either way!
-J

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Paint adds 10% efficiency because of stealth mode it provides.

Not sure of the paint, but powder coating it may be better before you put it on.

MattR

Established Member
quality automotive paint will hold up well. I have not had luck with the high temp stuff, I have several engines I painted with car body paint and they look new years later.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want a black one, I'll swap with you. Mine has about 2,000 miles on it.

Black Sex

Established Member
I like 'em black too. It took almost a year for people to figure out I blower swapped my car. To them all I did was, black paint, pulley and a ricer FRPP sticker.

Nasty500

Banned
I just won't waste the money removing the 5.8 or painting it like everyone does. I wouldn't care if the supercharger was hot pink.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I just won't waste the money removing the 5.8 or painting it like everyone does. I wouldn't care if the supercharger was hot pink.

Want the silver one off my car? It has some minor imperfections where some hard core detailing stuff was used. What doofuses.

Users who are viewing this thread