NEW True Forged design for 03 04 Cobra hood vents! new diamond mesh!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we here at TF have not forgotten our terminator base. in fact, id love to get another vert to park next to my gt500.. sigh....one day...

we've been custom making this new aluminum diamond mesh for the 2010-2014 GT500 hood vents for some time now. we then moved on to the 07-09 GT500 hood vents when i realized that those cars have diamond mesh front grills as well (even though i own one lol). duh! i then though, maybe the terminator crowd would like them. i know not everyone loves the perforated mesh we were using before and some guys want more open hood vents for better air flow. well, i hope this tickles your fancy :beer:

YES, these will fit your existing True Forged hood vents. just swap out your perf mesh screens for these

since there is no existing diamond mesh made of aluminum that matches the stock mesh, that we could find, we decided to have our own made. we had a custom $300 triangle punch made to our specifications. this custom made punch is put in a machine that punches the diamonds (a pair of back to back triangles) in the pattern that is in our custom made program out of a sheet of aluminum. the shape of the hood vent screen is then cut out using a water jet. obviously this costs a little more than just grabbing a huge sheet of perforated aluminum and cutting out the screens to the size/shape we need. and quantities of scale always play a role. for these first few sets we did just to see how popular they would be, they were a bit on the expensive side due to the limited quantity run. $20 per pair of screens. that is our cost. plus shipping, paypal fees and whatever (of the listed) finish the customer wants.

for THIS limited size batch ONLY we will be selling them at our cost plus shipping/fees. in fact, due to posting in the previous thread at 1am i am going to lose $ on a few of these :bash::read:

we only made 20 of these so far. we are going to be doing another run of hood vent sets that will come with the diamond mesh instead of the perf mesh at a slight price increase of just $10. but so far, this is it.

we've already sold a few of the pairs of the 20. so grab them while you can at the cost based pricing.

this pricing is only for the pair of diamond mesh screens. it does not include the frames and this pricing is valid only on these first 20 sets.
**if you want the frames and mesh post this and i will pm you. i have a very small number of frames available right now.

pricing includes usps priority mail shipping within the USA and PP/CC fees.
**shipping to CA will be more. probably $10 more for just the screens, $20 more for the whole kit and the kaboodle

if you want a pair, post up what you want and your email address. i will send you a PP $ request to that address with a description of what you want. you reply/pay and they will be yours.
*some finishes are quick and easy and others take a while.

$30 for the standard brushed aluminum finish (add $10 for clear coating)

$40 for satin black or gloss black finish

$50 for polished finish (add $10 for clear coating)

$40 for brushed with double tinted clear coating

1. RTcobra2964
2. eaglesnick
3. T
4. 04cobra88
5. Bdubbs
6. 03cobraracer
7. TXEnginerd
8. ajt9229
9. MassDSGsvt
10. MassDSGsvt's buddy
11. 04DeadShort
12. 04RedfireVert
13. 04RedfireVert
14. cyclegrip
15. brian97cobra
16. akeohan
17. JustaGT
18. vrt03cobra
19. Skitzerman
20. Mysnakesmystic
21. Skitzerman
22. Rings
23. Rings

ross1_zpsbd0cda5f.jpg

Ross3_zpsf0c7cf6a.jpg

Ross2_zps0ddec46f.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet you got me down, thanks Steve!

EDIT: Payment sent!

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Yea side vents gp, that it will do. These do look cool but that mesh look reminds me when I went to Home Depot 11 years ago and made a screen for my heat exchanger. Yea I was young lol. Doesn't have that wow factor of a tf product.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Steve

Put me down for a brushed with double tinted clear coating :coolman:

Can you deliver it to my house so I don't have to pay shipping? .............. your close :p

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
You can put me down for 2 in satin black. But can you also message me the price with 2 frames in satin black also. Thanks

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
*****JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION****
$40 is just for the pair of black diamond mesh screens. NOT the entire hood vent set. this is more for people who already own our hood vents and just want the new screens.

if you want the entire hood vent set, we have a few sets left in stock. for all satin black they're $220 shipped. just $10 more than perforated mesh (circular mesh) style.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Pm me a price for Polished frames and polished diamonds please. Thanks

the price on polishing has gone up a little. its a lot of work and we're lucky to get it for the price that we do. i have a set in stock right now, with polished diamonds. $230 shipped

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
what is the difference between these 2??

it sounds the same...

could not find pics of difference

thanks

I want a set of brushed alum with clear. but this bottom one sounds the same for the same price.

just want clarification before I pay ya

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
what is the difference between these 2??

it sounds the same...

could not find pics of difference

thanks

I want a set of brushed alum with clear. but this bottom one sounds the same for the same price.

just want clarification before I pay ya

youre pretty much right. they pretty much are the same except the bottom one has tint in the clear.

some people want brushed just au natural. no clear coating.
or, you can have it clear coated, which i recommend. raw aluminum will eventually oxidize if you dont stay on top of it. for an extra $10, its worth it imo.

you can get have them tinted without having them clear coated. they take the brushed screen and shoot with clear coat that has tint in it. it ends up with a nice charcoal look. like anthracite, but nicer. its the same finish that is done on our brushed with double tinted wheels.

brushed aluminum (wheels are always cleared)
IMG_1936Large_zpsa850eaca.jpg

IMG_1931Large_zpsc0934204.jpg

brushed aluminum with double tint
IMG_1901Large_zps31b76368.jpg

IMG_1902Large_zps02dc4cfd.jpg

10524249563_9f4eaa8c0e_o_zps8c0e1c4c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread