New Toy

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
an auto Mach...learn something new everyday!

Every damn day!

I think there was a crankshaft difference that allowed the 5sp versions to rev out an extra 1000rpm as well . (6800 redline vs 5800)

Yep, manuals got a forged crank. It should still be able to handle the power I want to run for now. Then I'll either forge it or do a Coyote swap.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think there was a crankshaft difference that allowed the 5sp versions to rev out an extra 1000rpm as well . (6800 redline vs 5800)

the auto trans is the limiting factor, Im a bit foggy on the details but I believe when turned faster there's some kind of clip/pin that tends to back out and grenade the transmission. Since it was RPM limited by the trans they used the cast crank instead of the forged one.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
the auto trans is the limiting factor, Im a bit foggy on the details but I believe when turned faster there's some kind of clip/pin that tends to back out and grenade the transmission. Since it was RPM limited by the trans they used the cast crank instead of the forged one.

Too bad Ford didn’t have their shared 10sp Autos back in the early 2000s. I can think of lots of cars that would have benefited greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread