NEW TO THE FORUM (LONG STORY/POST)- WARNING

crazyespn

Established Member
Hey guys/gals, didn't see an introduction but figured since I have a 2012 SVT Shelby GT500, this is my area. So where to start. Let's see how did I get into the Mustang scene? Well believe it or not my mom. lol. All she drove was Cobra's since I could remember. In 97' she ordered her Red 98' Cobra, and me being close to drivers license, they had a 97' Mystic Cobra in the show room I was minutes away from having. She had them doing the paperwork until the salesman messed up and told her, " Hopefully it doesn't get scratched because its $2400 a pint for paint." The brakes were pumped and she put a halt on that car. I am sharing that memory because sadly she passed away due to ovarian cancer in 1999. I wish I could say I still had her 1998 Cobra, or the 1995 she traded, but it was too painful for my family to look at it so it was sold right before I got my license. I guess at the time I couldn't complain they bought me a 98' GMC 1500 reg cab, loaded, swb, with a 350 vortec I went on to build and supercharge, cowl hood, billet specialties gt53 15x10, 2/4 lowering kit, etc. etc.. That was my ride all through High School until I joined the Marine Corps in 02'. While at MOS school my truck had been borrowed and totaled. long story! Well needed a new ride so my Mustang searched commenced! Since then: in order just in Mustangs-

00' GT- Vortec S/C
98' Cobra- bolt ons
02' GT- Bolt ons
03' Termi - KB S/C
04' Termi- TT
96' GT- stock

My wife still hasn't forgave me for selling the Termi's. The k/b was hers but someone gave me a great package deal offer. Family grew to 2 kids and I had to make the decision. Unfortunately my wife went into luxury cars and I went into lifted trucks. Not a day went by I didnt think of the stangs, especially since my two sisters have new 5.0 coyotes, my little brother just got his license he rockin' a 12' mustang v6. My wife has been wanting me to get back into it but I just could't. Finally 4 years ago she left luxury cars for F150 CC FX4 and has done a great job keeping up with the new body styles, all I have seen go is $$$$. lol. Darn Limited's are over rated imo. Fast foward to 2 months ago. I work 60 miles one way so I was rockin' 17' Focus ST. Loved and hated it, but it was best. Anyways my wife has been in my ear for another cobra she said that was me and she was tired of seeing me in things she new I didn't truly enjoy.

Well then it happened. I found a 04' white SVT COBRA for 14k with 64k miles. I jumped put a deposit on it, and we drove 2 hours to pick it up or soo we thought. We get to the dealership and the car was sold. The gentleman offered 1k more and they sold it. I was disgusted. The whole way back I told her that it wasn't meant to be, I didn't need a Cobra right now. I gave up!

Let me tell you what happened next. My best friends are the owners/ the GM/ and Finance Director of a Ford Dealership. My wife took it upon herself and called them and asked if something came in let her know. In the conversation the Finance director asked if she was interested in his car. This post is long enough, in short she bought it for me. At a stupid price all I will say is mid-low 20k.

Now:

2012 White/no stripe/ SVT SHELBY GT500 PP
54k miles, NAV etc.
got extended warranty until 116k miles through Ford

Mods I have done so far:
1.5 Lowering Springs
2.6 Steeda Pulley
Lund 93' Custom Tune- Livewire
JLT CAI
Kooks Cat Delete and H Pipe
Borla Attak axle back

Think Thats IT- Thats my story just wanted to share it with you all. Hope to have fun and learn from you all, sorry so long.

This car is in memory and dedicated to "MOM" - the man I am today is because of you....

Thanks to my wife, kids, and friends along the way, wouldn't be here without you all!

Last edited:

crazyespn

Established Member
Yea wife about killed me. Bought it from a guy in buda texas, but was getting deployed, wife wanted gone, rest is history. Last i heard its in raleigh. I was young, and with the deployments back to back to back, living and family became most important to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crazyespn

Established Member
Yea wife about killed me. Bought it from a guy in buda texas, but was getting deployed, wife wanted gone, rest is history. Last i heard its in raleigh. I was young, and with the deployments back to back to back, living and family became most important to me.

Honestly I dont even miss it. Dont think it was prestine, it wasnt that car was rough. Couldnt beleive as rare and the previous owner let it sit in a barn. Needed paint, wiring, just about a full resto

crazyespn

Established Member
What # R was it?
Suppose to be a 00' GT

98' cobra. I will fix it sorry, i was all confused for a second. Just started using tapatalk and it definately not working in my favor.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Suppose to be a 00' GT

98' cobra. I will fix it sorry, i was all confused for a second. Just started using tapatalk and it definately not working in my favor.

Lol I was wondering how you just casually listed a 00 Cobra as a former vehicle you owned, then to hear it was not taken care of... I was wondering what #.
00 GT makes more sense. ;)

crazyespn

Established Member
Lol I was wondering how you just casually listed a 00 Cobra as a former vehicle you owned, then to hear it was not taken care of... I was wondering what #.
00 GT makes more sense. ;)
Im sorry heck i have to fix it on my laptop i cant even log in on my phone, it keeps taking me to tapatalk and wont let me edit. I was so excited to tell my story and be back in the SVT gang again I totally missed it, and of course it was a long post.

crazyespn

Established Member
98 SVT I fixed it sorry. Work nights was going to bed then saw a comment on TAPATALK and saw 98' SVT thought it was the car you were talking about. Never dawned on me it was you screen name. lol sorry noob here

Last edited:

boduke0220

Established Member
Nice to see another Devil dog in here. Deployment money is great but you never have time to spend it lol. Congrats on the new ride!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting thread. LOL. Welcome to SVTP! Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You both had/have a love for Mustangs/Cobras. As already stated, this site is an excellent source of Mustang/Cobra/Shelby knowledge and info. And, it can be very entertaining. LOL.

Post a photo of your '12 GT-500 when you can. I'd love to see it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Welcome.

R

Users who are viewing this thread