new to the formers want to say hello and show the stang

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
now this is confusing to me because it does not have the saleen plaques which it should have if it is from saleens factory.

If it doesn't have the badge in front of the shifter and the one on the firewall then it's not a SALEEN! All you have to do is call them and just give them your VIN number. That is definately one nice car!:rockon: I actually think the center exhaust looks great. Do you mind telling us what you paid for it?:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope for your sake I'm wrong, but here's another clue that this is a Saleen clone. The hood is indeed a Terminator hood, but the front clip is a Mustang GT. Notice the wide gap between the hood and the grill trim. This is exactly what happens when you install a Terminator hood on a GT because of the front end differences. If you paid top dollar for what you thought was a real Saleen, I would be more than a bit concerned that you got ripped off. If I were you I'd quickly verify what you really have and visit the dealer who sold you the car if it is proven to be a fake. JMO.

If you got a good deal and then don't really care if it is real or a fake, you still have a very nice looking car!! :)

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
Good eye Bob. I'm very confused by this car. If it was a GT someone went thru great pains to modify it. In this picture you can clearly see the stock supercharger belt guard. :shrug:
n2338880_41272276_3876.jpg

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
If the car is real I may be a collectors item from the fact only 15 were made as you state. If that's the case I would resist doing anything to the car that would impact it's originality (not much fun in that though). The fact is doen't have a serial plate is a bit of a concern. Persoanally I am not a big fan of Saleen's but this car is very clean and doesn't have all that overbearing flash Saleens are known for.

If you got the modding bug I can easily find a rich Newport Beach brat who's parents would love to buy him that car as a Thanksgiving gift for a ton more money that you paid for it so he can tell all his frat boys buddies that he paid 6 figues for it. I get 10% commission. Then you can Forget about Ford and get a Turbo Porsche and I can remodel my Kitchen. It's a win win.

Keep us posted

+500 then he could wreck it and put his friend in the hospital like nick hogan....dam rich kids:bash:

Almo

Established Member
03/04 Cobra/Saleen will have the Cobra badges not the Saleen badges on the side.

Also, from what I remember, this car has middle exhuast which will not be the case for a real Cobra/Saleen.

SlowSVT

Established Member
It does have an IRS right?

+500 then he could wreck it and put his friend in the hospital like nick hogan....dam rich kids:bash:

Know this story all too well. A NPB friend of mine (now deceased at 35) killed another friend DUI in a GT Mustang his parents bought for him when he was a teenager.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03/04 Cobra/Saleen will have the Cobra badges not the Saleen badges on the side.

Also, from what I remember, this car has middle exhuast which will not be the case for a real Cobra/Saleen.

Good points as well Allan. I really believe that this is a Mustang GT with a Terminator motor and then modded to look like a Saleen. If the owner got it at a good price then he would have a very nice looking Saleen lookalike. If, however, he paid a premium for a "real" Saleen then the dealer has some explaining to do, unless they were completely unaware, too.

saleencobra

Established Member
that mya be the case but not with this car i ahve all cobra certificates if anything this started as a stock 04 cobra and was then modified by a dealer or sumthing it is absolutly not a gt yes the grille confuses me as well. oh and i bought the car 4 months ago with 3400 miles on it and payed 35 but it came with ext warranty all that nice stuff car has sat in a garage mostly

I hope for your sake I'm wrong, but here's another clue that this is a Saleen clone. The hood is indeed a Terminator hood, but the front clip is a Mustang GT. Notice the wide gap between the hood and the grill trim. This is exactly what happens when you install a Terminator hood on a GT because of the front end differences. If you paid top dollar for what you thought was a real Saleen, I would be more than a bit concerned that you got ripped off. If I were you I'd quickly verify what you really have and visit the dealer who sold you the car if it is proven to be a fake. JMO.

If you got a good deal and then don't really care if it is real or a fake, you still have a very nice looking car!! :)

saleencobra

Established Member
not to get offended but i kinda am do you really think i wouldnt realize if i had a modded gt? everything in the car is cobra i've been obsessed with mustangs ever since i've been old enough to realize it! haha

I had an 01 gt before this i am 100% positive this is a real cobra i know its not a real saleen cobra but w/e its not the important to me really i like modding anyways and i would't want to if it was a original. I understand there are some differences but this is not a GT

Good points as well Allan. I really believe that this is a Mustang GT with a Terminator motor and then modded to look like a Saleen. If the owner got it at a good price then he would have a very nice looking Saleen lookalike. If, however, he paid a premium for a "real" Saleen then the dealer has some explaining to do, unless they were completely unaware, too.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
There could have been a light front-end bump with a replacement fascia as the end result. That may explain the hood/front fascia fit issue. A GT fascia could have been ordered by mistake. It could have come from Saleen like it sits with both the front & rear fascia as it appears. There is always an exception to every rule where specialty vehicle production is concerned. Look at the variances with the early Shelby GT350 production, 1965 batteries in the trunk moved to the front toward the end of production, The 1967 side marker lights removed from the pillars, 6 1966 convertibles made for employees, and now 6 2008 factory supercharged Shelby GT versions.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Saleencobra if you're not trying to pass it off as a Saleen Cobra then change your username:shrug:! Or you're going to get called out for a long, long, time:burn:. You can't put something on a car site and not expect people to pick it apart. Also for $35,000 with that kit on there is way to much money IMHO:lol1:! Then again it is a very nice car you have there if you're happy with the Price(too much) and know it's not a "Real Saleen":nonono:. Sorry man but check out your name! Anyways welcome to the site.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
excuse my horrible spelling

2004 saleen cobra anyways right now it has a k&n intake its tuned and it has an flowmaster mufflers , 2.8 pulley well its putting down 450 to the [/IMG]

Like I said if you new it was "Fake" you would've worded that differently! Or listed your car under your avatar as a 2004 Cobra and not "saleen cobra". Oh yeah Saleen's didn't come with Flowmasters.:lol: Sorry man but this gets on my nerves about as much as regular GT's with Cobra badging(Fauxbra's)!:cuss: Take a little more time to actually spell correctly also.

You look like you're about 17! So where did you get $35,000 anyways? Mommy?

Talk soon,
posi:-D

Last edited:

saleencobra

Established Member
Like I said if you new it was "Fake" you would've worded that differently! Or listed your car under your avatar as a 2004 Cobra and not "saleen cobra". Oh yeah Saleen's didn't come with Flowmasters.:lol: Sorry man but this gets on my nerves about as much as regular GT's with Cobra badging(Fauxbra's)!:cuss: Take a little more time to actually spell correctly also.

You look like you're about 17! So where did you get $35,000 anyways? Mommy?

Talk soon,
posi:-D

well IMHO you can suck my dick and to answer your questions im 19 and i bought it myself thank you very much and also if i just called it a cobra it wouldn't sound right cuz obviously it looks nothing like one and yes my spelling was bad that's why i said excuse my spelling....

and i realize they don't come with flowmaster's did i ever say this is an original or #'d saleen cobra at any time i've kept up the mentality that i highly doubt it is.. and in regards to the mommy comment don't be jelaous that i have a nice car at my age maybe if u would got off ur ass u coulda owned one as well i could make the same assumption that you drive a red conv so you must be a woman but i don't

i dont't think "fake" is a good way to describe it either i'd say that's reserved for the pple who make a car look like sumthing without any of the actual performance and such...

And did i once complain that people were picking on me NO i've been nothing but accepting of everyones comments but your own and 35 is around sticker price for this car as you should know its a lil modified pluss with all the extra body work and such its worth this much seeing as it had 3400 miles on it but thats my opinion...but i also have the money so w/e maybe u don't

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You're right I could of afforded one but not while I was on my own insurance:rockon:! There's no reason to cuss !:lol:

saleencobra

Established Member
insurance is the main cost im not gonna lie if it wasnt for insurance i'd be in alot better shape financially sucks being young with a sports car

You're right I could of afforded one but not while I was on my own insurance:rockon:! There's no reason to cuss !:lol:

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
insurance is the main cost im not gonna lie if it wasnt for insurance i'd be in alot better shape financially sucks being young with a sports car

post a picture of underneath the car int he rear....

my money is on this car being a GT and he added all the parts to it...look at his brothers hacked up ride :dw:

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
sorry to keep repeating questions but i want to get a good idea on what i need and prices if i bought a 2.8kb for my 04 cobra what other mods would i need to make it run well and in the mid 600s on pump whitout breaking my bank the kb has already done that!

also if i went with the new whipple 3.4 what would i need and is that a better choice? there cheaper i'm not sure what the pros and cons of the 2 are... thanks for the help i appreciate it

in that post he acts like he has a Kenne Belle???

saleencobra

Established Member
wow whats your deal way to be an asshole whats the matter with my brothers car why don't you stop being jealous and get a life ... and if you look closely you can see its got cobra parts but i guess your to stupid to realize that but if you want to put some money on it for sure do it you'll be wrong but thanks for your useless comment

post a picture of underneath the car int he rear....

my money is on this car being a GT and he added all the parts to it...look at his brothers hacked up ride :dw:

in that post he acts like he has a Kenne Belle???

i meant is already gonna break my bank sorry for the misunderstanding

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread