New to the boost life an to the site

Stang03boost

Hi name is Dave

So I got 03 mustang gt I just picked up a used vortech v1 s trim I do have a few questions?

First a little insight on the veh I got bbk Long tube headers also a BBK off-road H pipe Dyno max cat back 373s under drive pulleys 2" lowering kit

So I'm looking to get this kit installed I want to run 12 pounds of boost looking to get 400 horse to the rear tires safely as possible? Is this possible without any major upgrades I already have a fuel pump in the vehicle 255l car has nx nitrous now 125 shot made 385 rwhp 495lbs toq went 12.2 109 was 101 degrees that day very Hot...have 42lb injectors and I'm gonna run with a 19 mm mass air meter with the Anderson power pipe kit just looking for any information for force power or anything else I should be doing along with this in stall .....

Any information is greatly appreciated thank you guys and look forward to being on the site

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
One thing I noticed was you said you have underdrive pulleys which will make the crank pulley smaller. Probably switch back to the stock one for belt slip and more rpm on the blower.
Also is this kit intercooled or non intercooled?
Injectors are good
Fuel pump should be fine
Are you planning on spraying the car too?

Stang03boost

One thing I noticed was you said you have underdrive pulleys which will make the crank pulley smaller. Probably switch back to the stock one for belt slip and more rpm on the blower.
Also is this kit intercooled or non intercooled?
Injectors are good
Fuel pump should be fine
Are you planning on spraying the car too?

I still have the stock pully non- Intercooled I plan on running meth snow kit stage two I am not going to use nitrous I am removing the nitrous kit from the vehicle to sell

Stang03boost

I still have the stock pully non- Intercooled I plan on running meth snow kit stage two I am not going to use nitrous I am removing the nitrous kit from the vehicle to sell

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
If you're running a meth kit and get it tuned for the meth you should be able to break your 400hp goal pretty easy. Keep us posted! Pics!

Stang03boost

I will keep everyone posted thanks

I still need to pick up some parts needed to Finsh up plus remove nx kit But I'll keep post pixs when I get going

nxhappy

Established Member
12 pounds should be fine, just get a tuner that knows what the hell he's doing. Check the fuel pump cycle and injector cycle. Change plugs run NGK TR6. Those pistons are rods are OK for about 400-450whp with a good tune.

Stang03boost

The tuner is gonna be Pete Johnson from New Hampshire " petes performance dyno " he did my nitrous tunes an a tune to help with passing State inspection.

I was told by many ppl 12lbs is safe with a good tuner an meth injection..
not looking to kill the car or chase numbers by any means just wanna run like 11.7/11.8...

What clutches are u guys running I got a stock one because haven't had any issue no slipping on street or track that dump at 4800 an shifting around 5800 all way down.i am sure I'll need to upgrade that soon just see what u guys are running thanks for all the info guys.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pete will do a good job for you. He is well known in the New England area. Keep us posted on the results.

Stang03boost

I agree he's very good he's three hours away from me an vs going to Dez racing but Dez won't touch car Inless he does install I can do this install my self.i will keep everyone posted on this thanks again guys

Stang03boost

Can anyone tell me what track times I should be doing after this install I run 26x11.50x16 er streets..

Should be running around 12lbs of boost an meth 3.73 shifting around 5800 got long tubes off road h pipe...

Just looking to see what some of u guys are running with same type setup

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread