New to me TERMINATOR

SatinSnake

Established Member
Bought me a Cobra on Cinco de Mayo. Traded in my "daily driver" and bought a beast. Never was a fan of most Fords post 72 but always took a liking to these Terminators. Car is a bone stock 03' with 32k. Previous owner kept extremely good care of it. I planned on keeping it stock and continuing with my other projects. That plan is slowly failing. Got a Flowmaster cat back on it's way and may go buy a drop in filter later today. Ultimately more mods will come but I'm on the fence as to how far I want to go. Need to get a baseline dyno and decide from there. Anyhow I've been stalking these threads for a while and wanted to say hello.
2012-07-08_11-50-38_376.jpg

2012-07-08_11-56-52_201.jpg

2012-07-08_11-57-21_329.jpg

2012-07-08_11-54-59_908.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Your Terminator looks nice. Did you get it with the pulley guard removed, or did you remove it?

You might want to browse through my Terminator FAQs. There is a lot of useful info there that is specific to the 2003-2004 Cobra.

I wish you the very best with your Cobra. Glad you're taking the modding very slowly. Smart! :thumbsup:

SatinSnake

Established Member
Congratulations! Your Terminator looks nice. Did you get it with the pulley guard removed, or did you remove it?

You might want to browse through my Terminator FAQs. There is a lot of useful info there that is specific to the 2003-2004 Cobra.

I wish you the very best with your Cobra. Glad you're taking the modding very slowly. Smart! :thumbsup:

Yeah I took the pulley guard off.:rockon:It was bothering me. Removed the rubber boot (silencer?) off the intake this morning. Read somewhere on here that would help airflow and not effect intake temp too much.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
congrats on the purchase! these cars are a blast to own/drive! you're going to love er' im sure!

if you think the car is fast now, just wait until you add a pulley swap and tune, to your current mod list. this will add close to another 100hp to the tires, ON TOP OF what you already have! im telling you man...these things are slow running stock boost. i was pleasantly shocked at the difference it made in hp/tq, back when i did my pulley swap. you'll have a whoooole new animal on your hands, i can assure you!! =]

:rockon:

gabe1530

Banned
very nice. i vote for you to hold onto your willpower and stop at filter and catback. it will take over all your other projects... ask me how i know. my 66 has been sitting for 3 years now, lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the purchase, looks really nice!

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
Welcome to the family. May want to pick up a replacement pony or Cobra emblem for the front grill, looks like the chrome Pony insert has come off. Once the modding bug hits, you've got it for good.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP & congrats!! :) ...Get the baseline, and the add a 2.76" upper pulley (and tune)...that will wake up the Cobra!!

Let the Mods commence....Keep the Pony :D

SatinSnake

Established Member
im telling you man...these things are slow running stock boost. i was pleasantly shocked at the difference it made in hp/tq, back when i did my pulley swap.

I wouldn't call it slow, but having all that potential makes it awful tempting.

very nice. i vote for you to hold onto your willpower and stop at filter and catback. it will take over all your other projects... ask me how i know. my 66 has been sitting for 3 years now, lol.

I've got a ways to go on my falcon and a couple vw fastback projects as well. For now the cobra has my full attention, but I've always got to think about getting a new daily driver.

or you can sell your other projects and focus on the terminator.......

Either way its a beautiful car!

NEVER:mj:...thanks

Welcome to the family. May want to pick up a replacement pony or Cobra emblem for the front grill, looks like the chrome Pony insert has come off. Once the modding bug hits, you've got it for good.

I've got the pony still. A few weeks back me and a harley got in a pissing match on the highway and one of my side scoops flew off and disintegrated. Was getting my new one paint matched and thought it would be cool to paint the pony too. They said paint wouldn't stick and I've yet to put it back on.

Welcome to SVTP & congrats!! :) ...Get the baseline, and the add a 2.76" upper pulley (and tune)...that will wake up the Cobra!!

Let the Mods commence....Keep the Pony :D

Thanks...I'm sure it's inevitable

Nice Falcon in the background. Whats in that?

260/3 on the tree

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Nice purchase. I'd put the pulley cover back on until you have something other than the hideous Frisbee sized stock pulley off there lol.

Users who are viewing this thread